Keurig Coffee machine

I've been using Moccamaster for years. It brews excellent coffee. In general I would say there really is a difference between cheap and expensive coffee machines. I've had a few machines over the years and the Moccamaster is the best.

Don't forget to clean them regularly though. Even the best machine will make bitter coffee if it's dirty.

+1 $25 Black and Decker

Even better, World Market sells a Euro-type glass jar with a strainer on it. Doesn't always filter all the coffee out, but hey, crunchy coffee is underated

It's a plot.

I've never seen anyone use that stuff in Europe, and I lived there long.

Paper filters or death. Hopefully paper filters...

(snips) In general I would say there really is a difference between cheap and expensive coffee machines. I've had a few machines over the years and the Moccamaster is the best.

Don't forget to clean them regularly though. Even the best machine will make bitter coffee if it's dirty.

For once, I agree with the Norwegian. Must be the first time ever!

However, when talking about a mid-prized consumer range, my personal preference includes these as well: OBH Nordica. Works quite well with quality coffees, like él Presidente.

We have a Keurig machine here at work. They are certainly convenient.

My dentist's office has one but I won't go near it because I don't know how often it gets cleaned.

I use a Tassimo machine (same idea as the Keurig) at home and I love it. Super convenient and easy to clean! I only drink the lattes, cappuccinos or hot chocolates, though, because I don't really like the taste of the other Tassimo beverages that I've had. They just recently introduced Starbucks-brand discs here but I'm not interested in trying them.

• 12 years later...
On 7/30/2008 at 9:41 AM, volfrahm said:

So it's been about 4 months since I bought the Keurig Coffee machine; and so far it's the best coffee machine I ever used. What other sub $200 machine rivals this? Anyone else have a Keurig?

Our second one died after about 5 years. First one lasted about 10 years. We've gone back to a Hamilton Beach that uses Mr. Coffee style filter and just buy good coffee for it. It also has a second part with a small gold mesh filter to only make one cup at a time, and enough headroom for a travel mug, for those times (frequent) that I want more coffee but my wife doesn't.

We liked them a lot when we had them.

We also have a little one cup Moka pot, which makes nice coffee.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

22 hours ago, sburke said:

wait are you telling me CM stands for coffee maker?  Wow.  I knew I loved this game!  Necro'd a thread from 2008  dang. Someone here REALLY loves coffee.

That's my brewer; a Coffee Maker (CM): Black Sea. I like my coffee black and strong as hell 😈☕