Metacampaign for CMSF?

Have anyone considered starting a meta campaign for CMSF?

just read http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1079650#post1079650 and felt I wanted one for CMSF ?

sure can get a bit boring being syrian but guess it has to be ewen out with numbers to compensate for quality (javelin..)

I would love to command a US stryker company thrue a metacampaign!

(I suck on playing Red, npt my cup of tea)

/Chain

Hi,

“Have anyone considered starting a meta campaign for CMSF?”

Yes… but… ;)

Firstly.. in my experience CM meta campaigns are by a wide margin the best form of wargame… as good as it gets.

However… to pull off a CM meta campaign is far more demanding than many seem to believe. Even many who have been involved in the past such games seem to get wildly over optimistic when trying to organize new versions of such games themselves. The admin back up required from the umpires/game-masters is routinely underestimated. One way to help overcome the admin back up needed is to give the umpires total flexibility as to their decisions. Less rules bound than in the past.

When it comes to CMSF the human v human game options are also not developed enough for CM meta campaign games… in my view. In future versions of CM this may change.

In conclusion I am hugely in favour of CM meta campaigns… the near perfect welding together of the operational and the tactical… using CM to resolve the outcome of contact battles within a quality operational team game is the ultimate form of wargame. But probably better to wait for a later title when human v human options may be more developed. Then proceed with caution.

Very much looking forward to a CM meta campaign game in the future,

All the best,

Kip.

In about a years time I would also be very interested in a CMSF meta campaign. I, like Kip, have had my, by far, best wargaming moments in CMMC2. It has its draw backs to organize a campaign like that but when it works it's amazing. BigDuke6 has managed to crank out a whole lot battles in the simplified but also very succesfull Lauban campaign as well (now defunct it seems). So it's doable but requires quite a few very dedicated individuals to pull the heavy workload.

Hmm, well then, I'll wait a year and hope for the best :)

Maybe the British Army module is out by then so we can play British vs syrian as the brits dont have as much javs as US forces :)

Yeah I understand there is allot of work going down into a campaign and I appreciate the work ppl put in on them, I know I dont have the time/will/knowledge to run one.

/Chainsaw