All Blacks humiliation

30 turnovers from NZ. Unprecedented. Every time the Blacks got the ball we just had to wait 10 seconds to get it back again. What a hardcore game though. Some great attacking from everybody and a ref who was judicious in his application of the whistle and prepared to let the game flow. But how those players can walk the next day is beyond me, given the constant battering they get.

They fixed that up tonight tho.

Fixed things up?? It's like they just swapped scripts. Or jumpers or something. Christ. I've never seen a more aimless effort by the Wallabies. Just keep bombing the ball straight up the middle of the field and hope something comes of it.

How about that Fijian linesman? He certainly wasn't ready for the big league.

No, because he'd come out and say things like "I saw a black player and a gold player swinging their arms." And the ref would say "Which numbers?" and the Fijian guy would just shrug. And the ref would say "What do you reccommend?" and the Fijian guy would just shrug.

Happened about 3 or 4 times.

Well if you call a stoppage on a game, the linesman needs to be able to provide a case for why. He's there to assist the ref, not just throw mud in the water. If for some reason he can't see the numbers on either player involved in a two-player incident, he certainly should be at least providing an opinion on what happened and what the outcome should be.

But that's a minor quibble. We had the better of the ref in the first game, you guys had it in this last one. The fact is that the refereeing didn't really come into it as far as the result. We were hopeless and the ABs were clinical.

Jeez if that's the worst you can say about him of then he should be on the elite panel and be the main ref not just an assistant ...given some of the howlers the big boys have perpetrated lately!!

I don't think there was any great "getting the better of the refereeing" in either game personally (apart from that blind bastard and the penalty try!) - the AB's played like a provincial "B" team in the 1st one and the Wallies played well...the AB's stepped up to where they should be in the 2nd one...the Wallies didn't shift - they played just as well IMO, but that wasn't enough so they got overtaken and left in the dust!