Anyone here use the vitamix?

I have one, and use it a lot for soups. I've had mixed results with the ones in the freebie recipe book: some are pretty good, others are not. If you have fresh tomatoes, it makes a kick ass tomato soup with a few additional ingredients. The best luck I've had is cooking soups on the stove and then using the VM to puree them to smoothness. It's great for juicing too, and smoothies, of course. I wouldn't use it to chop/do prep/make salads though. A knife is just as fast and a lot more accurate.

Years ago I ate occasionally at a health food restaurant in Berkeley that made the only soy bean soup worth eating. After cooking the beans the recommended time, they would run them through a blender. It came out with about the consistency of split pea soup. An old timer taught me a trick that made it quite tasty. He would squeeze a slice of lemon into it and then add a dash or two of soy sauce.

Michael