Who wants to contribute for a dedicated server?

Aniruddha

I'm no European, but I do have this to say: jby is putting up his dedicated server for the Wednesday battles, and I'm certain he can get it up for Sunday, too, if Clay hasn't got DP back up after over a week. I'll send another email to him demanding a reply.

Don't worry, your idea is good. Now how many people want to contribute?

I´ll contribute 5 euros or the dollar equivalent to any effort.

The sum of my DTserver experience is that we need bandwidth, as much as possible. Aniruddha, what kind of bandwidth could we get for 30 euros a month?

Ideally the server should be in western europe or east coast USA so that everybody can play with a sub 200 ping.

;1078785']I´ll contribute 5 euros or the dollar equivalent to any effort.

The sum of my DTserver experience is that we need bandwidth, as much as possible. Aniruddha, what kind of bandwidth could we get for 30 euros a month?

Ideally the server should be in western europe or east coast USA so that everybody can play with a sub 200 ping.

I just informed, these lines come at 1000mbit. And from what I understand there is an excellent connection (max 100 ping) from Amsterdam to the States :)

;1078927'] I´m on holidays in Canada/USA in September :)

Where are you going to be when you are in Canada jby? I'm guessing it will be British Columbia or thereabouts, since you seem to be drawn towards the mountains. If you need someone to have a drink with in the Toronto area let me know.

British Colombia it is. But Eastern Canada is on my wish list for the near future :)

Our game plan right now is starting from Seattle we´ll drive as directly as possible to Banff and Jasper National Parks while the weather lasts and then drift west again to Vancouver Island. Three weeks are alotted to this plan. Then we´ll fly down to LA to visit family for a few days and get a sun tan ;)