Any news about EOS ?

Scheer

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! The old Empire series. First I had it for the Atari ST and then the PC.

The wonderful feeling of safely landing a task force, or bluffing a player out, or even outright swindling as you substituted a brand new battleship called Repulse for the ship with the same name that has taken 6 damage. And of course the third Repulse steaming to the battle. : ):D

Ah! The old Empire series. First I had it for the Atari ST and then the PC.

The wonderful feeling of safely landing a task force, or bluffing a player out, or even outright swindling as you substituted a brand new battleship called Repulse for the ship with the same name that has taken 6 damage. And of course the third Repulse steaming to the battle. : ):D

BB's were a bit too powerful in Empire Deluxe. I played a few pbem games (none to conclusion) against several opponents, one of which always built BB's exclusively, no other ship types. It took a while, but eventually he ruled the seas, every time.

I suppose changing the ship values, which was doable as I remember, might have helped.

EDIT: It wasn't you, was it?

Finally got to watch the video and it looks like a nice game. Very very different from Empire Deluxe imo. There's a company killerbeesoftware.com that updated ED (which didn't have the ability to change values) and also came up with an enhanced version (which does). Anyhow, I think this game, with wego, research, trading, etc is real nice. Hopefully it can be played sp without the server. That would be a killer for me.

... Hopefully it can be played sp without the server. That would be a killer for me.

From the BF EoS webpage:

"... You can play solo against one or multiple computer opponents of varying skill levels, or you can play with up to 20 human players on the same map, ..."

"... Multiplayer games can only be played while connected ..."

I choose to assume that this mean you don't have to be connected to play solo. :)

Edit: Never mind! Didn't spot Moon confirming this in the video thread. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Since Civilization seems to be part of the inspiration for EOS, and a typical Civ game could take me 50-100 hours or more to play, how long should we expect EOS games to last? Long game are difficult to play online, especially with multiple players, because of scheduling and such, and usually translate better as PBEM games.

Since Civilization seems to be part of the inspiration for EOS, and a typical Civ game could take me 50-100 hours or more to play, how long should we expect EOS games to last? Long game are difficult to play online, especially with multiple players, because of scheduling and such, and usually translate better as PBEM games.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Civ games. I sometimes take a week to finish a game. I'm really aiming for a shorter game than that. I've thought about the PBEM option, and the simultaneous turn resolution would work well with that type of game. Right now, I don't have that type of gameplay setup, but it might not be very difficult to do. If PBEM isn't included at release, I think it's something that should be added in a later version.