CMBB: finally fog with Ati Radeon?

No.

Fog in CMBB hasn't changed from CMBO. Fog-tables are still used. ATI has decided (at this point so far) to only support 'vertex fog' in DirectX. From the screenshots I've seen (which are a couple of years old) fog-tables look much better than vertex fog.

Another difference may be which graphical API the game is written in. OpenGL is common for a lot of games and fog support under that API can be different for ATI drivers.

Maybe, someday, ATI will emulate fog-tables like the NVidia cards do. Most likely they won't at any point unfortunately. They are focused on other areas of driver development (FSAA, filtering, performance, etc.).

Have you actually had that work ? All the times I've used it I've never seen fog. I believe it only makes entries into the registry, but the drivers never do anything (and I've enabled every type of fog setting in the tweaker).

I haven't tried the very latest drivers with the tweakers and the Radeon 8500, but I've assumed that the drivers still lack fog-table support.

Thank you for your replies.

I found the Rage3D Tweaker and all i could get was so much fog, that nothing of battlefield was visible, due to a grey screen.

I also tried the ATI patch for another game (GTA III), but nothing changed.

I just downloaded the newest Catalyst v2.2 (9050) drivers.

I'll let you know, if they solve the problem.

BTW: the rage3d.com forums are full with topics about fog problems of the ATI chips.

Hope they will fix it, 'cause even my old TNT2ultra was able of showing fog.

Since i played Tom's Battle Of The Bulge mod with light fog, i know what we are missing :(