Dawn Raiders

cover_04.jpg

Lead an infantry company on a dawn raid targeting a Taliban stronghold in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Inspired by the accounts of British paratroopers of their Helmand tour in summer 2006. This is an infantry-only mission, only support: 1 A10 and a 120mm mortar section.

cover_02.jpg

From the briefing:

In an effort to reconstitute order and security in the Helmand province the battalion started a new summer offensive against anti-coalition forces. We'll take the fight to the enemy today. We are struggling to defend the most important positions in Helmand with our limited number but we managed to muster a company sized force to carry out this operation. The target is the small village of Kuchnay Darvishan 17 km south of FOB Garmsir. It's an area of retreat for anti-coalition forces.

• 2 weeks later...

Great scenario! I really loved this one and will probably play it several more times. I took 3 kia and twenty some wia. I never took the stronghold and 2 farms, but got everything else. Those walled compounds are a bitch to take. Very well placed ambushes also.

It is very similar to a lot of the battles going on right now in the valleys of Afghanistan. I felt like I was there! Well done!