Back for Dinner [BETA, my first mission]

Hej,

here's my very first mission. Still a little rough around the edges. Haven't figured out how correct briefings work and am not sure if the victory conditions are working as planned.

_dinner.jpg

It's an action-oriented mission. At dusk, on the way back from a mission, a recon platoon gets ambushed. You're going to take command, reorganize your troops, fend off enemy attacks until you're able to eliminate the enemy positions with the help of slowly arriving reinforcements. The first couple of minutes can get pretty tense.

I especially recommend this mission for low-end pc users, since I have a pretty weak pc too and can play the mission with a decent frame rate.

Here the download link: link or cmmods.com

[ April 10, 2008, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: afreu ]

wow great mission smile.gif managed to force a syrian surrender with 10 minutes to go, 8 men lost and 20 wounded. A lot of immobilised strykers early on as well, they really throw themselves at you early on! v.good mission for your 1st attempt. Was really wishing I had some demo charges for those compounds I assume that was a deliberate decision to leave them out?

Actually haven't thought of including demolition charges. Could be useful, but than again it shouldn't be to easy for the player. And the idea is that the Blue units involved are surprised on their way back from a day of fighting. Not having all the useful equipment fits better into the story than. tongue.gif

Glad you tried the mission and liked it smile.gif

[ April 10, 2008, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: afreu ]

Yes, very enjoyable mission, indeed. smile.gif

Nice how you're at first struggling to survive the initial minutes until help arrives.

I also missed the demo charges at first, but it's managable without. It also puts some more pressure on the player, and as you said, they should be unprepared.

I'd reccommend adding some flavor objects to improve the overall look of the map.

And the victory conditions should be somewhat refined. For example, the current threshold for US casualties seems quite generous ;) .

To get the briefing in the right order, you can extract an existing briefing from another mission to see how they are compiled then just fill in your own text.