Odd facing during setup: editor bug?

Hello,

I am making an scenario and for some reason the red AI groups 4, 5 and 6 always start the scenario facing in the opposite/wrong direction.

I already set the data parameters to blue's friendly direction (E) and red's friendly direction (W). I have 6 red AI groups, each one with a setup region. Red deployment zones cover all these setup areas. At the scenario start, red's AI groups 1 to 3 face East (correct) but red's AI groups 4 to 6 face in odd directions (for example red's AI group 6 faces west!). In desperation, I tried to give groups 4 to 6 some short dash order to change their facing, but upon completing the order they still face in that odd direction.

Is this a bug? Has anybody had the same problem?

Help please,

Hi Webwing,

I'm painting setup zones for each AI group. After painting setup zones I use the deploy in 3D option, but the units face in odd directions.

I guess the only solution for the time being is to just deploy in 3D without painting setup zones. Pity, I wanted 5 different start positions for the 6 red AI groups to add some re-playability.

Now I have those odd facings even when I manually deploy and face the units during scenario creation (not painting setup zones and deployments were made inside the red's deploy area). I don't know what's going on here. Maybe something to do with the map itself?

Edit: facing depends on the location of the map where I manually deploy the red units. Odd facings show up for units that are beyond approximately 1/3 of the red's friendly edge of the map. :confused:

[ April 05, 2008, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Chelco ]

Chelco,

I'm sorry but really I don't understand what you are talking about.

I'll tell you how I do it and maybe this will help you somehow.

In the Map tab I paint setup zones for red and blue.

In the Units tab I purchase my units for both sides.

I click deploy, go the 3D map and place the units in the position I want them to be for the first Plan. I use the FACE order to have them facing the enemy.

I go to the AI tab.

In the setup order I paint nothing for plan 1 since units are already in place.

For plan 2 I paint where I want my groups to be within the areas already painted in the map.

Works everytime.

-

Ey Adam1,

Do you think this is a 1.08 problem? I've made some scenarios before and I don't recall having this problem. This is my first scenario with a medium sized map(1.5x1.5 km), though.

@Webwing,

I made an scenario from scratch. The map was the size of whatever default the editor has (300x300 m?). I followed exactly your steps (setup zones, purchase units, deployed the units in 3D, faced them east). Some units change their facing slightly north, other units change their facing slightly south. I think that this emulates what happens in the scenario that's driving me crazy. Except that the changes in facing are more dramatic, perhaps because my map is bigger than in the small test scenario I made from scratch.

Cheers,

OK, after struggling for a while I think got it working right.

My map is 1.5 km wide and apparently a single setup zone with a 1.5 km frontage for the red forces messes up the facing :confused: . Anyway, I split the previous big setup zone into 3 different setup zones (1, 2 and 3, each 0.5 km wide) and all is working now.

Thank you guys, I thought I was going nuts.

Cheers,