Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mission parameters for dummies...

I'm no Einstein at this...

So if I put the "Enemy Casualties" threshold to let's say 70% and victory points 50 does that mean I get 50 points if I was able to cause casualties to 70% of my opponents troops?

How about the "Frendly Casualties"? If I set the threshold also to 70% and 50 victory points does that mean I get 50 points if I suffer losses under 70% of my troops?

You get the points for the result that is "most beneficial" to your side. In other words, the figure of 70% you quote is a minimum threshold for enemy casualties and a maximum threshold for friendly casualties (see below).

Enemy Casualties 70%: Points awarded if enemy casualties are 70% or more.

Friendly Casualties 70%: Points awarded if friendly casualties are 70% or less.

Slight correction. According to the manual, it is Friendly Casualties < X% and Enemy Casualties > X% so in the example you would not get the points if you caused exactly 70% enemy casualties or suffered exactly 70% casualties (see below).

Enemy Casualties 70%: Points awarded if enemy casualties are greater than 70%.

Friendly Casualties 70%: Points awarded if friendly casualties are less than 70%.

It's only a minor correction and would hardly ever make any difference but I thought I'd mention it now I've checked the manual.

Like this example then?

Enemy casualties 70% = points awarded if enemy casualties are over 70%

Enemy condition 30% = points awarded if less than 30 % of enemies are in ”good shape”.

Enemy Ammo 20% = points awarded if the enemy has less than 20% ammo left.

Friendly casualties 70% = points awarded if own losses are less than 70%.

Friendly condition 85% = points awarded if over 85% of own troops are healthy.

Friendly ammo 80% = points awarded if over 80% of your own troops ammo are left.

Did I get it right?

Nietzsche,

The manual is very contradictory so I did some tests by putting a Blue and Red platoon in opposite buildings and having them shoot at each other for a while. I found that to get the points for condition/ammo, I had to set the percentage to a very high number for "enemy" and a very low number for "friendly". This pretty much confirms all your figures above (i.e. that the Condition percentage is the percentage of the force in "good" condition, and the ammo percentage is the percentage of ammo left).

To clarify, here is how I would word the parameters:

Enemy Casualties: More than X% of the enemy force is dead/incapacitated/missing.

Enemy Condition: Less than X% of the enemy force is in good shape.

Enemy Ammo: Less than X% of the enemy force's ammo is left.

Friendly Casualties: Less than X% of the friendly force is dead/incapacitated/missing.

Friendly Condition: More than X% of the friendly force is in good shape.

Friendly Ammo: More than X% of the friendly force's ammo is left.