Moppers in the Darkness pt.1

Hi all,

Play as Blue.

Mop-up a little part of town in middle of the night. Both sides has nightgoggles, but not experience. This makes the game feel like not-so-lethal, and the combat goes on slowly, allowing you to react.

Try it, this is my first scen for cmsf, so please have some mercy. smile.gif

Ps. had no time to make map more detailed.

Edit. Made some new things, better now. (v.1.1)

the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=2OV7U6FE

[ October 11, 2007, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: ruutana ]

Battle is red vs red and units are from special forces, they have night goggles...

I suggest to download and try beacuse the battle is littlebit "different" than most of scenarios.

I love to make night battles beacuse you can see tracers more clearly and the hit percentange is lower.

Starting pt. 2 today, featuring some pathetic mg-cars.

So I have to confess I didn't make it all the way through. After having my artillery fall off the map twice, and realizing my troops were completely unable to spot opponents of the rooftops next to them I gave up. Most of these are really just issues with CMSF rather than map issues. One thing that would add a bunch of enjoyment and wouldn't be that difficult is to cover your deployment positions. Just a dip in elevation would mean that the troops don't get lit up in the empty field.

I really liked the night mission, and the little park was a neat change from so many city maps chock full of buildings but with no greenery whatsoever. I think the layout is well in that the buildings sort of arc upwards across the map.

Tactics to get near high building.

Choose one break-in point. You sure miss many men during assault, but get some strong shelter.

Use occupied buildings to create blind suppression fire towards the visible gunflashes. I suppresses and kills also, trust me.

You have couple of AT-mens also, use them to kill seen enemy positions that cannot yet be idetified. This method can slaughter whole enemy team in two or three shots.

I made it hard, by accident, but at least I have to try get battle over with good results. :D Today i´ll find out!

Thanks from feedback!

T: I.H

[ October 12, 2007, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: ruutana ]

• 10 years later...