Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

make the game less lethal

I don't think weapon lethality is a real problem as long as you don't start in a hot situation. Infantry stupidity is what makes infantry die so fast, and as for AT & vehicles, IMO it's as it should, apart of odd pathfinding which may expose your vehicles too much.

What I think is:

- we need big maps, and forces shouldn't start in LOS of each other.

- enough time for the players to not rush

- enough cover and different elevations for the player being able to advance protected and not have direct LOS to the enemy all the time.

in one word: more "europe-like maps" and less "plain desert maps" (a generalization, i know).

that and hope 1.04 fixes all major LOS/LOF issues definitivelly

IMHO firefights do seem a bit too lethal at the moment. One possible way to improve things would be to make it MUCH harder to hit soldiers who are suppressed. At the moment, a squad fired on inside a building still takes lots of casualties in a very short time even when suppressed. Whilst I appreciate that bullets do pass through building walls, the hit rate should probably be much reduced due to the concealment the walls provide.

I create two flat small maps. each map had two squads on each side.

the regular map with veteran players and good weapons

was over in less than an minute.

the map with conscript and poor weapons played out for over 5 minutes.

All i am asking player scenerio builders is to bake two kinds of the same map.

one for those that extremely fast fire fight and those that want the game to last a little longer.

To decrease the lethality of the game, select conscripts and poor weapons.

hopefully BF will actually includes a lethality option in future updates.