New Scenario: Rebel Hell V2 Update

This is my first scenario and I am looking for peoples comments, good and bad please!

It is to be played as blue only (Republican Guard Mech with SF support).

The Guards must retake a town which has been captured by a local warlord (Set prior to the fictitious U.S. invasion as Syria prepares it's defences.)

I've included a bit of background text which might be a bit OTT... comments please! (sorry that I can't get rid of the bleeding text template!).

Anyway hope you enjoy it, tell if you don't and suggest changes... I will take all on board for the next one!

http://www.savefile.com/files/993386

----SEE LATER POST FOR NEWER VERSION----

[ August 23, 2007, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: ironpants ]

Great scenario indeed.

I've just finished the battle. I got a draw - RT Elite -. Got too many casualties due to already mentioned problems (bullets through walls, LOS, dancing troops, etc) hopefully getting fixed.

I'll test 1.03 on your scenario.

Well done and thank you Ironpants!!!.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, glad you seemed to enjoy it. I will make a few tweaks:

a) Alternative AI plans.

B) increased time limit.

c) Possibly some flavour objects here and there

Unfortunately I can't get vehicles to attack effectively with troops dismounting correctly etc.. so i won't be doing an AI plan for Blue just now (maybe when I figure it out...prolly need 1.03).

Just a couple of questions... were there too many enemy units? What about system performance, is this level difficult to handle for older PC's, mine is quite new and there was a little juddering here and there while my processor caught up!

Ok made a couple of changes:

a) Time limit now 1 hour 40 with overtime available.

B) Alternate AI plans for red defender

This is the latest version: http://www.savefile.com/files/996519

So... everybody seems positive here in the forum

but only 5 posts out of 89 downloads so far... do the other 84 people think this scenario is rubbish and are too polit to say? If so, please don't be, criticism will tell me what to improve on smile.gif

I Can take it!

Enjoyed the scenario. Good one.

Had all victory locations when i ran out of time. One victory location under attack though. Strange i thought i was gonna be sent to debriefing screen but game just went on, though with time in red. Anyways ive not played CMSF that much so.

All i could think of. Maybe add some more flavour objects. Actually id like to see the city more lush with more trees. Maybe a park. Though all this maybe kills the fps. My fps? No numbers but definitely acceptable on amd3500+,x800xl and 1gb ram. It looks good now though, really smile.gif

---SPOILER ALERT--

I thought it was just a little odd with such a high concentration of enemies just west of Govt. Building and north of Exit OP. Talking about all the ones (five-six teams?) in those one story buildings. From the enemys point i thought that placing was a little odd strategically (imho). Maybe spread em out a little, like to some two story building and move some defenders to the Govt. Building. That one i took without any defenders at all (i think), except a team outside just south of that building. IMHO.

Thanks!

Edit : Played your original first post mission.

Serval, 2nd version has different plans so different placements. I will be putting a few more flavour objects in when i've got time (unless people are getting a bad framerate), wanted to get the AI sorted first so thanks for the comments.

Hopefully i'll be able to make this scenario a bit more enjoyable then move on to the next one, any suggestions for the mission, setting etc. for the next one welcme too smile.gif

Ironpants, I just want to say, even though I've not yet played it, No, there are almost certainly not too many enemy units! I say this because, in some otherwise great scenarios, there's little single player replayability because the red side is relatively easily overcome. US needs a tough opponent because US firepower is so powerful. For me it's always a good sign if I take a bashing, because it means I've got to think again and come back with different tactics.

I'm lookign forward to testing this one, but, as it's obviously a big one, have to wait for patch 1.03 in the hope that the mouse lag thing will be sorted. It shouldn't be an issue as I have a powerful pc, but sadly, for the moment, it is, and I'm limited to the smaller and medium sized battles - some of which are really great. But the main message (at the risk of repeating myself) is PLEASE make it hard for the US. SF really has so much to offer and its extraordinary to watch a battle unfold in such detail but for me there is quite often a sense of anti-climax at the end of a tense battle, to find I have a Total Victory with so many of my troops left intact and an enemy wiped out.

ironpants:

the unit size is just fine. thanks for increasing the time limit. I hate being rushed.

what is up with cc2 of the blue side. The vehicle los is very limited.

maybe its becuase of my realtime elite setting or the blue side sucks with spotting enemy units.

man, i miss my strykers.

i have a 4 year old dell and the frame rate is just fine.

I love the difficulty of this game.

keep up the good work.

Thanks general_solomon, I will try and create more (going to put some finishing touches to this one first though). Not sure why you're getting bad los, maybe if you're used to strykers there's a big difference, which I think there is (lots of stuff in another post about the quality of imaging systems in the strykers).

Handihoc, this mission is red v red, the syrian army are the 'blue' side, so it should be a bit more of a challenge, I share your feelings about the almost godlike capabilities of the american gear in comparison (suppose it's realism for you though!)

That was fun, and tough with so few troops.

Can you give me details on the smoke that pops up inside the city about 1/2 way into the game?

Was that to signify the locals sending smoke signals to alert other fighters to the invaders presence?

Thanks for the fun scenario!

• 10 years later...