Blue on Blue

with CMSF V 1.07 I have been surprised to have a blue on blue incident.

Playing the elite campaign, Night Stalkers mission.

I had assigned to 3 dismounted squads near the right compound to shoot if necessary at elements coming from the village down the road with what they had as well as javelin.

Being able to destroy at that spot the coming tanks and tracks with the M1's occupuing the left compound, I had been able to rush one of the M1 and a track there more quickly that I had thought.

That only to have few minutes later the track being immobilized (with some squad members being wounded) by a javelin shot aimed by one of the squad previously mentionned either at the track or at an alongside already burned up syrian track.

Besides that incident I have noticed that on some firefight, I had the supporting squad keeping a steady fire on the target even when it was overrun by the assault squad and despite the cease fire order.

Never at these issues before. Is that new to V 1.07 ?

area fire and explosives (artillery, HE shells, etc) will damage your own units.

As far as I know small arms fire will never hurt your own units even if your units have to fire through friendly units to hit the enemy.

I believe it has been that way since the beginning of the game.

• 3 months later...

Im not sure if it's a 1.08 thing, but I've definately noticed a ridiculous amount of blue on blue small arms fire at night. For example my sniper units regulary fire on my own infantry in vehicles.

I've noticed that units pop in and out of command (even when no one is moving) which causes a certian units to friendly fire or fire at seemingly nothing.

I've never really noticed this in earlier versions of the game.