Task force Narwick...HELP!

Has anyone ever gotten past the mission to take the chemical weapons plant, sam site, storage facility etc. I have tried at least 6 times. Please give me a strategy idea to try so I can move forward with the campaign. Mine obviously are no good.

Another thing, does it seem that small arms are to leathal shooting through building walls especially multiple walls. Example, red has a squad in a building on the second floor at least 15 yard from another building that I have a squad in on the first floor. They always see me first and just decimate my squad . Any answers to this?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------Spoilers-------XXXXXXXXX

Its a tough battle - I got them to surrender in the end this way:

1. Take the village with a platoon to protect that flank.

2. Blast into the CW compound using the wall nearest the start line.

3. Two platoons and Bradleys take the first section of bulidings - use plenty of Smoke

4. Abrams split - either side of CW compound and advance.

5. Used a lot of artillery on the main CW buildings. Wait until it stops then advance infantry under Bradley Smoke to commence final clearing of CW plant (still tough! Take it slow use TOW on Bradleys)

6. Bradleys from village now move on one SAM site

7. Abrams on the other down the right flank

8. Final artillery barrage and Abrams\Bradey TOW on Storage facilty finally caused a surrender with approx. 15 mins to go.

Great battle! Enemy RPG's nearly made me cry at times ;)

[ March 04, 2008, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: Melnibone ]

My plan was:

1., Preplanned (immediately) arty srtike on far factory buildings.

2., Bradleys support fire on near factory buildings.

3., Blow the nearest wall and infiltrate the nearest building. Very carefuly.

4., Secure these nearest buildings (two long and one tall). It was painfull, I lost a Bradley and an entire squad, but I did.

5., Stop advance in Factory, but fill it with 1 platoon and one engineer platoon and lot of Bradleys and continous support fire on the far buildings.

6., Same time I used the arrived other platoons to capture the village and then the SCUD base (advance far side of the map not close to the factory).

SCUD base is a piece of cake.

7., I used the SCUD base to supress fire on Factory. And then attack the second line of factory buildings with maximum firepower. That was hurt (casualties on my side), but I did. When I arrive and occupy the building with objective trigger, I completly stop. Ther are more syrians in other buildings, but who care.

8., Careful attack on Storage with Abrams support.

So I think the key is the paralel operations. While the main forces try to occupy the factory, the rest of my troops do the secondary objectives.

Seabee

Go hell bent for the CW Factory and use all your artillery to pound that area into oblivion. Clean out the buildings with infantry.

Unless you take a whole bunch of casualties, you can win without worrying about the other capture sites.

I manage to beat it on the 3rd try and I'm playing in RT mode.

I went hell bent on the CW factory with all the arty I had. I was able to breach the wall and move in to the near buildings. After the massive artillery assault, I also sent a platoon in through a breach on the right side. I captured the factory, although it cost a few men. From there, I moved extra squads to take the rest of the objectives.

I ended with 11 KIA and lost several vehicles. The enemy only had 13 OK; the rest were KIA or WIA.

I still got a MINOR victory!!!!

I finished with all the objectives met, and scored 700 points.

The AI finished with 400 points, which they got for causing US casualties.

Man, I thought for sure I would win this one :( .

I'll try again.

so the best bet seems to be to try take the CW 1st? My 1st attempt was cut short after getting a platoon cut down trying to advance through the CW. I'm tempted to try and take the surrounding objectives 1st and then move in on all sides to take the CW. Will definitely make more use of my arty support. I've found I've used artillery a lot less than the onboard stuff from previous CM games.

At the start, put every Bradley in fighting positions (That is, cover all angles from possible counterattacks), because you can't advance straight from the start.

Then take one engineering squad and move it next to the CW wall. YOu have to keep tight overwatch and respond to all threats immidiately, so your engineering team won't get pinned. If you find out enemy location, destroy that location, or otherwise he will be stalling you later on. Blast a hole in the walls, big enough so bradleys can drive trough.

Rest is basically normal city fighting. Buildings are aligned so, that you will have hard time supporting your troops with tanks. There is big, empty area between 2 compound groups, so use Bradley smoke to the fullest and try to prepare all moves well ahead (Any available artillery, TOW:s and what have you). If you gain control of the factory area, you can crush surrounding objectives easily, so don't worry about them too much. Do not expect to get out without formidable losses, this is meatgrinder with no quick-steps.

the Fighting Seabee - We might have hit on something here. As well as MOPP/NBC kit, how about getting smoke to simulate chemical agent clouds and then modelling the chemical downwind hazard - would be interesting to see it implemented in some way. Or even have chemical munitions for Syrian artillery - a BM-21 strike with any kind of chemical agent might even a few things up.

I agree. Although, as a former member of a CBR (chemical, biological, radiological) team, chem warfare scares me. While it is a reality on the battlefield, I just wouldn't feel right unleashing chemical weapons on people. But hey, I guess if they simulate suicide bombers, why not a chem attack.

MOPP level 4!!! Wooo woooooooo, wooo woooooooo!