Rescue v4 Tactics Discussion

JohnO

Originally posted by JohnO:

...Also after talking to them, I have come up with a good scenario :D

It will probably be an interesting scenario!

Now in this mission it doesn't make sense to just throw yourself in the middle of an unknown area and get more men killed than the ones you are trying to save. Besides this is not really the main objective. Since you can still win even if they do get all trapped soldiers killed.

--

I would think otherwise on the main objective. When your troops get cutoff, the mission changes to the objective that will count and that is to save the lives of the soldiers in the ambush site. After that then I would finish the main objective.

JohnO

You are right

Originally posted by George Mc:

mission objectives - I can answer this one - secure the ambush area with (hopefully) alive guys , then secure the main highway, two missions I guess.

But I don't know JohnO.

If it is so then the point system should have been different.

Because the simple fact that you secure the area is enough even if you don't get the guys alive.

On a side note. In movies they love the "we don't leave anyone behind" thing. It makes a lot of sense from a ethical point of view and it certainly has a fantastic effect on the morale of the troops. But in a single operations sometimes you risk the lives of 10 soldiers to rescue 1 wounded. In that moment it doesn't make sense. I think is the same here.

--