Strykers speed in wego

Has anyone done any tests for the various movement orders and tracked how fast they can cover ground?

In wego, you cant pop smoke at the end of a movement chain. What I have been doing is pausing the movement trying to time arrival at the destinatin point at the very end of the 60 second cycle. If timed properly, at the start of the next turn, you can pop smoke and have your infanty dismount under cover of smoke.

Anyhow, does anyone have numbers logged? Don't mind doing the tests myself, but figured if somone has already done it, cant hurt to ask.

That's kind of hard to estimate, I would think. A lot of it would depend on the type of terrain (is it consistent throughout the movement, or does the terrain type change midway through), and vehicle pathfinding (the Stryker driver won't necessarily take a straight path to the objective).

If you're wrong one way or the other, both have bad consequences. If you think it'll take him 15 seconds to get to the target, and it takes 20, what will you do next turn? Have everyone sit until he can pop smoke?

On the other end of the spectrum if you are 5-10 seconds early, your stryker is sitting there doing nothing for that amount of time before the turn ends.

Personally, I just don't use smoke when I disembark the troops. I give the stryker his waypoint, then give the troops their waypoint so they disembark immediately when the Stryker stops. Sure, no cover of smoke, but they're also not sitting in a coffin waiting for an RPG to take out the whole squad either.

Personally I'd rather have the troops with their boots on the ground so they can return fire, even if it means I'll take a few losses, than have them all inside the Stryker where an RPG or two can kill them all.

Ideally I'd disembark early and just use the Stryker in a supporting role. But that's a whole other topic.

It'll definately be a lot nicer when we can pop smoke at the end of the waypoint.