Terrain destruction

I have not noticed any terrain damage. Houses seem fine whilst being shot at by biggish guns and then implode. I`ve managed to destyoy a wall (fat lot of good that is since none of my troops an get though the breach.

Please post your observations so that I know what to look for.

Large munitions leave big holes in the ground. VBIEDs leave swimming pools in the ground and sometimes fling the detonating vehicle 500m away. The main gun rounds from tanks leave pockmarks on the ground, but aren't big enough for a unit to get into. ATGMs, especially TOWs and Javelins leave big holes in the ground - smaller than the holes from VBIEDs but still big enough for a 3 man team.

Originally posted by tiger123:

I have not noticed any terrain damage. Houses seem fine whilst being shot at by biggish guns and then implode. I`ve managed to destyoy a wall (fat lot of good that is since none of my troops an get though the breach.

Please post your observations so that I know what to look for.

Yeah, I'm waiting to continue the campaign for the patch that fixes troops/vehicles going through breaches. And LOS/LOF. The LOS/LOF is the only one that's really holding me back, but the problems with going through breaches is pretty annoying too.

[Edit]

To actually be on topic; artillery, RPGs, ATGMs and tank shells all definitely leave holes in the ground (check them zoomed in), but they aren't giant craters. VBIEDs... those leave some monster craters.

Thanks Guys for your answers.

The thing I miss from CM1 is the intermediate building damage-plaster blown off,windows lop sided etc. I know that building can now have whole sides blown off esp in multi storey.

Also does anybody think that partial damage to vehicles would look good.

eg. Tank tracks curled up if immobilised.

or discharged reactive armour.

or Hull/turret gismos such as IR mounts, LRF etc shown as blackened stumps.

I vote for gradual damage decalls too. In addition, I was surprised by the simplictic blown-out wall representation. When I'd seen this before release I thought it was a place-holder. It would be better if the jagged edges of blown-out walls were more realistic - right now they just don't look very convincing.