How do Styrkers work?

I have a couple of issues:

How do Strykers use their weapons. I have found no correlation between buttoned and unbuttoned. Do they have remote weapon systems or not. To claify, in 1.02, I never see Strykers use thier .50 without me commanding them to use them. And even then, they sometimes don't do it.

How do the grenade launchers work. I have to almost threaten the TC with a gun to get them to use them.

Why are there always two guys sticking their heads out of the hatches in back. I have never seen them button while mounted. In real life, this must not be a popular position.

Why do they sometimes back up when I give them a straight ahead move command. This is supposedly open terrain.

Why won't the commander ever button up on his own under fire. In WEGO, I lose commanders all the time to this before I can intervene.

As thick as the manual is, why isn't any of this info in there. Am I the only stupid one or are other people having these issues. Maybe my frustration is speaking, but this is supposed to be a game about Stryker teams, yet, I find them almost unsable as a support weapon systems for infantry.

I'd like BFC to clarify some of this. Take just 30 seconds away from the Stryker arguements and answer some questions that help your customers play the game.

The Stryker ICV and CV vehicles have remote weapon systems that allow the primary gun to fired while buttoned. The recon version does not have the remote weapon system and you need to be unbuttoned to use.

I haven't had any issues with the TacAI not firing the 12.7mm gun. Can you think of more specifics?

The TacAI doesn't seem to fire the 40mm grenade launcher at infantry until around 200m. I don't know if this is intentional behavior or not. The blast radius of this weapon is about 10m so area fire works really well in the mean time. I've seen the TacAI fire the 40mm at 1000m at vehicles.

The 2 guys in the back are the air guard. They are members of the mounted infantry squad in the vehicle. Their purpose is to prevent flank and rear attacks. These guys are great for killing RPG teams that have manuvered behind or above you.

The rest of your questions I don't know about.

The strykers work fine with their weapons, unless they are too close to aim properly and safely. The guys at the rear when mounted do a good work.

The only problem worth to mention is the use of the waypoints issued to a group of 4 of them. If the ground is not an open field at one point, we get a traffic jam and one of them at least get wild doing contournment more than often being dangerous and ending with an RPG threat

In 1.01, the .50 open up immediately on the visible bunker at 650m without my intervention(they kill them all in 1 minute and that's another issue). Now in 1.02, I have tell them several times to open up and even then some of them don't do it. Is the part about the recon Strykers in the manual? I haven't seen it. Otherwise, how the heck does BFC expect us to know this.

Okay, nevermind, just found it. If I tell the Recon unit to fire, will it automatically unbutton? Does anyone know? That may be the problem with some units not firing when I tell them.

I'm hoping someon from BFC eventually stops by to tell me what changed between 1.01 and 1.02 that lowered the AI's willingness to fire the .50 in the Stryker. I have both versions installed and Strykers fire immediately at threats in 1.01, but they rarely fire any weapons in 1.02.