Agh - friendly roadkill (test = no)!

[jump a few posts down to see that this did not pan out in Stryker/BMP-2 tests]

I think I just ran over one of my infantrymen with a Bradley!

From what I could tell, there wasn't any incoming enemy fire (although I might've missed it, but there wasn't a lot of opposition), but the guy lying right where the Bradley drove turned into a casualty a soon as the Bradley got over him!

Dang - that's something I'll have to watch out for as a change from CMX1!

P.S. a quick search didn't find a similar thread.

[ August 12, 2007, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

Hmmm...maybe I just missed the incoming fire, although there wasn't much that could've hit him. The opposition was three T-72s. One was burning (no survivours), the other crew had bailed but has been under fire for a minute or two and the third was busy with other targets, facing the wrong way and buttoned up.

When it happened, the soldier image was right underneath the Bradley image, between the tracks. There was another soldier that was brushed by the left track, and he was fine.

I wouldn't expect trench overruns to cause hit and run kills.

Might have to run some tests tonight just like I did for CMX1...which reminds me, I wonder if smoke rounds can cause casualties in CMSF (another one I tested in CMX1).

Okay, I've run some tests in conjunction with the wall/berm stuff I've posted on the main forum.

After running 3 x BMP-2s and 4 x Strykers back and forth across friendly infantry for three or four minutes, it would seem that, no you cannot run over your own men. I must've missed some incoming enemy fire ( friendly deflections?).