Use another unit to give buddy aid

I have found that it takes ages for a squad or team to give buddy aid to its own casualties. Whenever I get a casualty now, I order the parent unit to move away from the casualty and send another squad or team to the casualty's location. When doing this, sometimes the casualty receives aid within a minute of the troops arriving. If you don't believe me, try it!

On the subject of buddy aid, parking a vehicle between the casualty and the nearest enemy seems to work very well in providing the first aiders with some cover.

Giving aid to your soldiers is one of the coolest features of the game IMHO. I once had a casualty occur at a place that I was supposed to destroy and the dilemma of whether to call in the artillery strike straight away or try and evac the casualty first added a whole new dimension to the game. In the end I had to leave him.

In my current battle, the Strength and Faith scenario, I suffered some terrible casualties in the beginning of the battle. As my men pressed forward I had others come up behind them and administer first aid.

I agree that it is a great feature in the game and an added something that makes you care about your pixelated troopers a bit more.