For vehicles, don't use Quick, use Fast

I disagree. I did a lot of testing on this issue and found that using both "fast" or "quick" is perfectly okay - if your waypoints are on a straight line. What you should not do is use anything other than "move" for 45-degree turns, and "slow" for turns that are even sharper. Allow a little straight line of "slow" before the turn so the vehicle can decelerate. If you don't, you'll get that infamous vehicle dance.

I am quite certain that if BFC implemented a proper braking point (i.e. don't brake at the waypoint, but before!), most of the vehicle dancing should be gone.

ever tried to do a road coloum!?

since we just have 15 sekonds pause steps and no other mean of adding pause you cant time the movement of the vehicles in the 1-4 sekonds area anymore.

and to wait a minute for the 4th vehicle to come is a NOGO.

so you let all start at once(i tried fast in that scenario as i wanted to speed to the objective) and they do some good spirals and kurves befor starting. once it was that bad, i wanted to do a video, unforunately it was 400mb big and i didnt have virtualDUB currently :(

there is a stock scenario where someoneone can try this. forgott its name, if someone is interested i can look it up.

Originally posted by Blackmuzzle:

I disagree. I did a lot of testing on this issue and found that using both "fast" or "quick" is perfectly okay - if your waypoints are on a straight line. What you should not do is use anything other than "move" for 45-degree turns, and "slow" for turns that are even sharper. Allow a little straight line of "slow" before the turn so the vehicle can decelerate. If you don't, you'll get that infamous vehicle dance.

I am quite certain that if BFC implemented a proper braking point (i.e. don't brake at the waypoint, but before!), most of the vehicle dancing should be gone.

Nice tip. But a lot of micromanaging again.

I noticed that once the chassis of the vehicle hits a wall... it starts going crazy.

I found that 'Quick' also causes a lot of problems to infantry, where it produces the dreaded "moving from house to house via the roof" behavior! I did not have this happen with 'Move', where all squads use doors as a normal person would!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

I found that 'Quick' also causes a lot of problems to infantry, where it produces the dreaded "moving from house to house via the roof" behavior! I did not have this happen with 'Move', where all squads use doors as a normal person would!

Best regards,

Thomm

i disagree with that fact.

i'am currently playing CP-Mission two an i have exactly that f****ing problem. it doesn't matter wich order i give to the squads (Hunt,move,fast,quick) they evertime climb to the roof... realy frustrating ...