Proper tactics for the "House Cleaning" battle?

I've got Total Victory there on the first try, but still lost a lot of guys. Also towards the end of the game all my Strykers were Rattled and therefore refused to fire when directed.

Anyone can share good tips on getting through that mission?

This would probably get me court martialed but I just crept the Strykers up slowly, hosing the hospital down with the GLs and 50 cal.

Got to the wall breeches and kept up the fire, keeping the squads in the vehicles firing from the hatches.

2nd Plt. arrives, but stays back till 1st breeches the front of the hospital. Once its clear, 2nd moves up and clears the rear of the building.

Isn't keeping troops inside strykers risky? For some reason enemy didn't have AT assets, but if they did then one hit and stryker and the whole squad in it would be dead.

What's US doctrine says about this kind of assault? Are troops supposed to stay in vehicles when assaulting enemy in buildings?

Originally posted by dima:

Isn't keeping troops inside strykers risky? For some reason enemy didn't have AT assets, but if they did then one hit and stryker and the whole squad in it would be dead.

I think the Stryker is not an IFV and it is risky to use it as such.

Unmount all troops and use the Javs to pound the buildings, all the smaller ones tumble in one shot. Maybe send one squad forward to get the enemy troops to open fire and expose themselves. I wiped out about half of the enemy force using the Javs and then it became pretty much a mop up mission after that.

Be forewarned though, you'll feel like your cheating doing this. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Unmount all troops and use the Javs to pound the buildings, all the smaller ones tumble in one shot. Maybe send one squad forward to get the enemy troops to open fire and expose themselves. I wiped out about half of the enemy force using the Javs and then it became pretty much a mop up mission after that.

Be forewarned though, you'll feel like your cheating doing this. :rolleyes:

There have been discussions that Jav's are indeed overpowered against buildings

I did the mission with minimal casualties (at least what I consider minimal). I believe it was 6 KIA x2ish WIA. Half of those from one squad that was reduced to 1 man. No Javelins used.

What I did was advance my Strykers abreast to within approximately 50 meters of the wall. I then popped smoke on the Styker which housed my platoon HQ. They dismounted and the bad guys opened up. Immediately they were remounted and we stood back and hammered on the units that had uncovered their position.

Once the return fire ceased I dismounted the entire platoon and moved them up to the trench in front of the wall.

I continued to wack-a-mole any Syrian defenders that shot back with the GL's.

When the second platoon arrived I had them move quickly into the trench in front of the wall as well.

I felt that at this point the majority of their forward defenders were broken or dead, so I ordered one squad on an assault through a breach towards the buildings near the gate. They came under fire from an RPG team and I took heavy casualties on that squad. I repositioned a Stryker and had a second squad blast a hole for it to hammer the suspected culprits.

On the right I looped a squad down the length of the wall towards the two buildings towards the back right of the map. Those two small one story buildings had both had their forward facing walls blown out by the GL's and the men firing from those positions were silenced.

I then ordered the remaining infantry through 2 gaps to assault or quickly move into the first floor of the hospital as well as the hospitals right most wing.

I took a couple more hits entering the hospital but the shooters were quickly silenced and I pressed two squads towards the roof while the HQ's consolidated the middle floors.

Two strykers then exploited the security my lone squad on the right and towards the enemies rear was providing. They drove around behind the hospital and shut down any tom foolery the AI might have been plotting in the rear left.

The remainder of my casualties came when I assaulted the left most wing of the hospital. One squad took serious damage as it ran out into the street before re-entering the complex.

Shortly after this I won a total victory.

I tried to play it, what I consider, realistically (not nuking empty buildings just because they are there).

I FAST'd my Strykers to the wall, popped smoke, infantry dismounted and took cover. My original plan was to blast a hole in the wall and attack the left hand building from two sides, but of couse BLAST doesnt always work, so I had to use the existing gap. Went through the gap with strykers and infantry. Lost one stryker to an AT round from the far building, at which point it was leveled. The building was taken and with Styker support, set up as a rallypoint from which to direct all fire. Further assaults were launched all from this house with Stryker support.

When reinforcements arrived, they didnt have too much of a problem moving up as a lot had already been cleared by the initial force.

I took some casualties, primarily I blame the silly UI that keeps running soldiers into the meatgrinder without taking appropriate measures.

Actually enjoyed it, until I had to clear all floors of the central compound, at which point it became tedious and made me wish for a fast forward or time scale function..

i belive that there is no friendly fire from light weapons. so you can aim lot of mgs from strykers and infantry at building which you want clean. shoot at it for a while. then order assault or hunt for your squad to clean the house. you can let your units fire at the building(with your assaulting infantry inside) whole attack and dont be scared that they will kill your guys. this fire wil supress enemy inside. this works for me quite well. i have dicovered it today:) until now i was stopping supress fire before ive ordered assault. but dont use heavy guns. the building will fall and your squad will be dead. (and sorry for my terrible english:)