Tank fired ATGMs

This is not a tactical tip per se since you have no control over when these are fired (but being stationary and long range helps)

But certain Syrian tanks are capable of firing advanced laser guided ATGMs

The AT-10, AT-11 and AT-12 are all long range threats against any US vehicle

In fact they are much better than the tanks main gun

And for the T-55 (firing the AT-10) and T-62 (AT-12) they are probably the only way to ensure damage to an Abrams at long range

Syrian tactics are not to mix it up at long rage, but if you are on a map or for some reason dont have a covered path to get in close with your tanks

You might find if you can get the drop on US vehicles and can fire first that you can destroy an Abrams even frontaly with a ATGM

But being a laser guided missle you must ensure you mantain laser lock on the target for the duration of the missles flight.

But thankfully all three missles are very fast and accuracy is excellent.

So when you have some of the more modern Syrian tanks

Keep in mind that if you have too, you have a valid weapon against US vehicles

And in fact you even have a shot at outright destroying a Abrams with a frontal hit

Very powerful missles indeed

I have had much sucess with them but also have a entire platoon of tanks blasted apart in seconds trying to mix it up from long range

One of the more risk/reward tactics in the game

[ August 03, 2007, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: rudel.dietrich ]

Originally posted by metalbrew:

The TacAI still wastes valuable time firing main gun rounds at M1 frontal armor. I realize that it's possible to destroy optics and disable the M1 with T-55 main gun rounds but honestly that just seems to make the M1 tankers really really mad.

Fire the damn missiles fools!

Only one T-55 type carries AT-10 missles

That might be the problem

Which version of the T-55 are you refering too?

As a quick rule of thumb, if a Syrian tank is covered in ERA cells (they look like ceramic blocks on the tanks armour) then it probably carries AT missles

Not always the case but in most cases

i had a republican guard vs republican guard armor battle as QB today. basicly i just wanted to look how long it takes for the enemy to destroy me in a stand off, since attacker had 6 more tanks(i had 10, 9 without comapny HQ in cover)

well, after 40 sekonds everything was over.

i watched the movie a few times, and noticed some bad things like the ATGM fired on a squad, instad of one of those many tanks around.

but that will be hopefully tweaked over time,...other than that the missiles are GREAT :D

EDIT:

the abttle gave me T72 the 2001 version(MV or something)