Al Hawl..Syrians fire through buildings?

I am attempting to play the Al Hawl battle in veteran mode.

SPOILERS FOLLOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The set up zone is restrictive, all the the vehicles are lumped together in the corner.

Once the clock begins to tick Strykers begin to take catastrophic hits. I am assuming the fire is coming from the other end of the board, where some BMPs and a tank eventually get spotted. There might also be an ATGM or two in the wooded area to the right front of the Strykers or from the roof of the three storey small building forward of the woods. I have not gotten far enough through the battle to find out, and I hope it isnt the BMPs and the tank because then we have the shooting through walls and buildings thing and it ruins this battle completely.

I even pop a smoke screen right off and run top speed out of it, but my vehicles still get hit, killing most infantry aboard.

Anyone else tried this one?

Yeah, I've had about 3 goes at it..

Firstly group your kit in the corner furthest away from the Syrian vehicles and facing perpendicular to the map edge, but not too tightly bunched. Dismount 2 squads from one of the platoons and park 2 of the Strykers towards the edge of the setup zone nearest the Syrians, 1 further forward than the other. Order them to pop smoke...Then give all the vehicles fast orders and head them behind the first buildings, so as to place the buildings between the Syrian vehicles and your units.

Press the "go" button and watch them leave the startup zone like the first lap at Silverstone smile.gif

It takes a bit of planning, ensure the front row of vehicles have the furthest to go, so as to leave room for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rows. Any pathing confusion will leave the vehicles backing and filling to go round stuff and therefore vulnerable, often this seems to happen if you park the vehicles too close in the setup zone.

The 2 dismounted squads can move fast to the nearest building.

With a bit of luck you'll only lose 1 or 2 strykers and those will be the empty ones. The 3rd time I played it I got away completely scott-free with no losses...