Hull down command?????

Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

Another great achievement of CMBB thrown away.

The command did not work very well in CMBB at all. Most players I know never used it as far better results were gained by manually doing it. Not everything worked in CMX1 as well as you guys seem to make out. Why replicate a command that never worked in the first place?

If you put some thought into what you are asking for a hulldown command you may be enlightened. Hulldown to what? A hill on the horizon - or the valley on the horizon. Or are you advocating being able to select a specific spot that you want to be hull down to?

I liked the command and used it.

Maybe we should ask to all players if they would like it back or not.. as well as many other features.

It's not a question of like or dislike. The command did NOT work at all well in CMX1 - simple as that. Search the CMX1 forums for many discussions on why it did not work.

Explain how you think the command should work. Exactly like in CMX1? If so this discussion is pointless as you are asking for a broken command to be replicated. If you would like a working Hulldown command perhaps you could explain how you would like the mechanics of the command to work. Hulldown to what?

A vehicle could be smart enough to be told to move and face a certain direction at low speed, and stop at the very first moment it sees an enemy. The vision of the vehicle should start not from a central imaginary point inside it (in the middle of the 3d model) but the "eye" of the vehicle should be placed on top of it or right on the main gun. This way it would stop immediately when facing an enemy and you would be sure it's hull down.

Keep in mind that it doesn't matter if the driver sees or not an enemy unit, gunner/commander point of view should be represented as the main one, this way you could achieve a hull down.

Not sure I've been clear enought :(

A vehicle could be smart enough to be told to move and face a certain direction at low speed, and stop at the very first moment it sees an enemy.

Why can't you use the Hunt command refined with a target arc if necessary?

[ August 01, 2007, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Melnibone ]

A vehicle could be smart enough to be told to move and face a certain direction at low speed, and stop at the very first moment it sees an enemy.

That is exactly what the HUNT command does. Why do you need a "Hulldown" command that replicates an existing command?

Originally posted by Hub:

I never used HD either - it didn't work and I could never trust it.

I know damn well a Syrian tank commander would look for hull down against abrams dig a position and bury everything but the targeting gear wouldn't you in an ambush sit which reminds me..where is the camo netting?

That is exactly what the HUNT command does. Why do you need a "Hulldown" command that replicates an existing command?

But hunt command doesn't work if there's no enemy. With a hull down command (along with a facing reference for the unit) you might get a hull down position "hull down in respect of a certain direction or point) even if enemy units are not to be spotted. So that you'll have a hull down unit ready to face enemies...

But hunt command doesn't work if there's no enemy. With a hull down command (along with a facing reference for the unit) you might get a hull down position "hull down in respect of a certain direction or point) even if enemy units are not to be spotted. So that you'll have a hull down unit ready to face enemies...

This is like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling. Adios.

For me instead its like talking with a brick wall...

You are the one being unclear what you want. Up to now in this thread you have asked for:

1. A flawed command from CMX1

2. A version of a Hulldown command that already exists - Hunt

3. Another version of a Hulldown command that operates without sighting the enemy.

It's hard to discuss the options with somebody who keeps changing what they actually want and then accuses people who are trying to help with not listening.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

This is like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling. Adios. </font>

Originally posted by Hev:

Actualy dude, its you thats being unclear. Nailing jelly to the ceiling, honestly, how constructive is that!

What the guy is asking for makes sense, yes you _can_ do it manualy, but there used to be a command for it, so his request isnt that far out is it.

Nailing jelly to the ceiling is very difficult - it keeps moving - try it. ;)

That's the point I'm making. What he is asking for does not make sense - because he keeps changing what he is asking for. It's hard to be constructive when he's not clear what he wants in the first place.

Yes there used to be a command for it. Does he want it to work exactly like that old command? I've not got any problems with him, or you, asking for the command. I'm trying to understand exactly what he wants the command to do. If you find that unconstructive then tough.

A vehicle could be smart enough to be told to move and face a certain direction at low speed, and stop at the very first moment it sees an enemy. The vision of the vehicle should start not from a central imaginary point inside it (in the middle of the 3d model) but the "eye" of the vehicle should be placed on top of it or right on the main gun. This way it would stop immediately when facing an enemy and you would be sure it's hull down.

Keep in mind that it doesn't matter if the driver sees or not an enemy unit, gunner/commander point of view should be represented as the main one, this way you could achieve a hull down.

Not sure I've been clear enought :(

@Melnibone:

I think, its clear what Kieme(ITA) wants.

It sounds like the "hunt" command, but i am not sure if the hunt command is designed like that.

Some questions would be:

1) What happen when the tank see an enemy unit because its ambush the tank, should the tank reverse to find hull down position for the new enemy. should he stop and fire, and so on

2) can a tank find a hull down position without seeing there is an enemy, but another unit spot it and the tank comander knows thats there is an enemy tank behind the cover.

and so on.

But Kieme(ITA) writes excactly what he wants.

The rest is solving technical details.

If i buy a car, i say what i want.

It doesent matters how they solve the problems smile.gif