Breaching walls

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly do you guys breach the walls?

I have no problem blasting a hole in them with the gun of an Abrams or perhaps a Bradley, but what if you only have Strykers available?

Do you have to have special infantry to use the 'blast' command - or can all infantry units do that? (I haven't been able to do it in the first 4-5 campaign missions).

I keep hearing people tell how they breached a wall with a Stryker Platoon as part of their tactics in a scenario, but can't for the life of me figure out how they do it without the 'big guns'....

Is that the mousepad that came with the pre-orders?

Nice.

My problem is, though, that I haven't seen any of these demolition charges yet.

But maybe I should look closer - I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all the features and details. Pleasantly overwhelmed, of course.

If you want to be cheap, just BACK the apc/stryker up to the building, and it will clip into the structure. If you dismount the troops they will automatically jump in the building. no breach required.

I consider this exploit fair trade for my retarded troops ignoring the gaping hole I blasted with an MGS, and trying to run out into the street to use the front door.

Originally posted by Floydii:

I consider this exploit fair trade for my retarded troops ignoring the gaping hole I blasted with an MGS, and trying to run out into the street to use the front door.

That's a good idea. Just managed to breach a wall myself and when I told my men to run through the gap - off they went in the direction of the main gate...!

So, according to house rules, clipping-and-dismounting is allowed only after a wall has been breached.

Should work nice.

Originally posted by Floydii:

If you want to be cheap, just BACK the apc/stryker up to the building, and it will clip into the structure. If you dismount the troops they will automatically jump in the building. no breach required.

I tried that once, and half the squad ended up on one side of the wall, the other half on the other side of the wall. The squad couldn't exectute any movement commands because they were seperated by a wall and couldn't form any formations, so they became useless for the rest of the battle. They just ran around in circles every time I gave them a movement command! :mad:

Before I knew breached walls/pathfinding was messed up, I tried to send a squad through a breach I'd created...they ran for a gate, only to be wiped out to a man by a IED when they reached it. :mad:

Hope the pathfinding bug is taken care of in the 1st patch...

As far as breaching walls, a short "line" of artillery along the wall will bring it down, which I prefer as I find artillery to be more expendable that MGS rounds.