Vehicles through breaches?

Several times I have created breaches in walls using MGS or Bradleys and although infantry can pass through the breach vehicles cannot (not tried with tanks yet).

Is this deliberate?

I can understand why it would be, however graphically it looks like it should be possible, there needs to be a line of rubble at base of a destroyed wall so this makes more sense if indeed it is not a bug

i had a stryker squeezing itself through 1 tile of blowen wall. i didnt thought it work, but the stryker had time and battle was some 100m away.

so i gave it the waypath and it did it.

the vehicles manage quiet some ways through urban terrain, other thing is the exectution of this, wich isnt all that good for battle sometimes(going around in revers, parking with the side to the enemys when you acuall layed out the waypoints so that this wont happen, etc...).

Originally posted by Skinnedpuppy:

I've always blasted at least 3 sections wide. Also i've noticed somestimes there is a line of rubble at the base of a blown wall sometimes not maybe this affects it?

In my experience infantry can get through if there is rubble, but not vehicles.

Alright I know this will sound stupid but can someone explain to me how to do the breaches with Engineers or Armor. I tried using the breach command with a group of Engineers, detonated 8 bundle of explosives on the wall, all in the same section, and it still didn't bring down the section. I also tried using 25mm fire from a Bradley but also to no effect. I'm not sure if I'm just placing it wrong or what but I would appreciate any help since obviously it is possible.

I can only speak for the MGS, since that's the only one I've used. I just target the wall directly, though a target right in front would probably work too.

I know the Blast movement command of Engineers will work on building walls, but I've never tried it on those that are free-standing. Could be a bug or something that should be made to work (a design decision rather than bug).

Skinned one thing I'd recommend is slowing it down to move while passing through the gap. I was playing the airport this morning used my MGS's to blast a section of wall open, tried to use the fast command to go through and it caused some stupid behavior by my drivers, went through with move then as soon as i was through hit the full gas to clear the choke point and had no problems getting my vehicles through, unfortunately one of my MGS Strykers didn't clear the area fast enough and got knocked out by an RPG in the gap, so just blew a new whole in the wall.

In my opinion if you don't see rubble in the gap, there may be a bug at this point that prevents crossing thru the gap.

(just speculation)

I have never seen the rubble in the gap, being that the only times I have blown a gap in the wall there is a gap with no rubble and you can't drive thru it. I am pretty sure BFC is working on this.

Hi Guys, I've been doing some tests with this one on all sorts of wall available in the game.

It certainly seems to be a bug. If you destroy the wall with HE then no rubble shows. No vehicle will go through the gap no matter how wide. If the hole is already on the map at the start of the scenario, rubble is shown, and the vehicles seem to drive through this no problem.

Hope this helps, as it has a great effect in the campaign 2nd mission.

Cheers, Darren