Quick Battle broken for me suddenly

Hi .. and Happy New year

Update on my 'Quick Battle' troubles.

As I mentioned previously, .. I purchased the CMSF+Marines as a combined install.

I experience all of the problems aforementioned, .. by myself and others.

However, .. if I disable the Marines Module (by renaming the Modules folder), ... then 'Quick Battle' works perfectly. I've tried various force sizes, .. terrain etc. etc., .. and it all works perfectly everytime.

... not even a stall at 77% ... it just breezes through .. :-)

As soon as I re-enable the Marines, .. all the problems return, .. i.e. stalling, crashing, switching sides, disappearing units, difficulty levels not correct, .. etc. etc..

Might there be some issue with the Combined Install? ... I only say that, as some in this thread have mentioned that they have Marines as well. Not sure whether they installed as an Addon, .. or 1 Combined Installation, .. as in my case.

Well, .. at least I can play Quick Battles now, ... albeit without Marines ... :-(

Cheers

Tom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MarkEzra might have found a workaround til a real coding fix shows up.

Try moving or renaming the Modules folder (rename like 'Modules_x') before starting the game. You won't get Marines to play with but you might get QBs working properly. Then reinstall or correctly rename the Modules folder to play proper Marine scenarios. Its less than ideal but it might be a livable workaround.

Hi Mark

I can verify that it is the 1.11 patch and not marines add-on per se that is causing the problem. I was able to get the QB's with Marines add-on (v. 1.10) to work properly upon doing a full reinstall. It was after installing the Marines v. 1.11 patch that the QB's got messed up again.

I had reported the "switch sides" problem with 1.10, with other crashes.

I now have 1.11 and get the freeze at 77% problem with QBs

Note that all this is without Marines - plain vanilla CMSF only.

What the hell? - QBs have never worked with CMSF so this is nothing new. Everytime there is a new patch I try it again to confirm this. A very long time ago I was a fan of CM games and when CMSF came out, having bought the special expensive version, I complained about QBs on this forum was told that "I just don't get it". I still don't.

When QBs work (like they do in CM1) , I may consider buying another CM game - meanwhile I'm still having fun with CMBB, which works.