A new crash

My games keep wanting to crash randomly throughout play of any particular scenario, but then the game recovers on it's own after a short freeze-up and some of the textures re-draw.

This is all accompanied by a nasty digital noise in my speakers during the event. Sounds like somebody trying to drive a big-rig but can't find 5th gear......

Ah so not a “crash” as in the game ends and you are back at the desktop?

I’ve had instances where the game appears to “stutter” (my term for it) where the screen locks up, no mouse movement and the same note is played for an extended period.

After about 5 - 10 secs the game resumes.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

I put it down to playing big scenarios and have logged a report on it, but wasn’t aware that the smaller scenarios were effected too.

Only when "they" agree to my terms. Then we'll release this thread at an airport in Cyprus.

I used to have all kinds of freeze ups related to graphics/sound. I downloaded a Vista hotfix and it doesn't crash anymore, but I do get these 5 second freezeups every now and then.

Telling us your OS and system specs would probably help.

G'day all, not been here for along time, thought I'd try the CMSF Demo (1.07) keeps randomly crashing. The game looks good, however if the main crashes like the demo, I would very reluctant to fork 50 bucks + for it.

I have an old rig, a Dell 2.4ghz P4, 1 gig of ram ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card with 256k on board operating sys XP Pro no SP2. I don't ant probs with other games.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

I’ve had instances where the game appears to “stutter” (my term for it) where the screen locks up, no mouse movement and the same note is played for an extended period.

I put it down to playing big scenarios and have logged a report on it, but wasn’t aware that the smaller scenarios were effected too.

Yeah, that's basically what's happening.....It seems random...I've had it happen twice within seconds of each other and then sometimes several minutes may pass before the next event.

I use Windows XP on an 8600GTS card. I'm going to try disabling my three other cores (Q6600) to see if this a remnant glitch from running in multi-core mode.

Oren_m, try and reapply the patch as it sounds as if you might have a corrupted brz data file thats triggering a crash whenever the sounds for weapons are played. You might want to try and download the patch from a different server too, just to be safe.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Madmatt

Originally posted by vertigus:

Goodwood,

you want someone to tell you whether to buy this game or not?. You get crashes with demo version, you can see people complaining and other reporting improvement. You must decide for yourself.

Yep, your abolutely right, I must decide. I can see the potential in this game, however the performance of the demo and some of the negative feed back this forum and other forums I visit don't give a lot of confidence at this stage.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

Yeah, that's basically what's happening.....It seems random...I've had it happen twice within seconds of each other and then sometimes several minutes may pass before the next event.

I use Windows XP on an 8600GTS card. I'm going to try disabling my three other cores (Q6600) to see if this a remnant glitch from running in multi-core mode. </font>