Repeated v1.06 Crash with savegame file

Just had a thought after looking at why things were crashing in the last second..maybe it's to do with split units? Seems that when I manually split a unit into say, AT and the rest and then try to run the rest away from the AT unit they have real problems doing this. Always keep trying to go back. if I get them in a vehicle and bus them away then get them out they run back to the AT unit. If I then save the file and reload to carry on that's when the crash happens on playback. If I get the unit to remerge I can then carry on as normal. I wondered if other people with the last second crash had split units invloved?

Originally posted by Elvis:

So far no crash with Mords file for me. I have done 3 turns.

Have you replayed the turn more than once? For me it doesn't matter what I do, eventually I'll get a crash. Could be on a replay, could be a couple turns down the line...

Mord.

Add another player to the list having this problem...

Playing the first scenario of the Crossroads campaign WeGo. No mods, clean install of BFC version with 1.06.

Game ran great for the first 30 turns. Saved to take a break, came back and the game crashed 2 or 3 turns in. Restarted from the save and this time made it 11 turns before the crash. I'm insanely frustrated by the lack of autosave and am too tired to mess with it any more tonight.

Missinginreality - I've had the 'last second crash' without any split squads I'm afraid. The only common denominator is loading up from saved games for me. That said, not every scenario where I've saved a game and reloaded it to continue later has had this problem either.

I've not experienced it in the campaign so far, although I haven't got passed the 2nd mission yet because I was waiting to see if BFC were going to release a fix for the units being out of place - now I've heard it only really impacts the first 2 missions I'm carrying on though.

I have no 3rd party mods installed. I'm using the downloaded BFC version of CMSF, upgraded from 1.05.

I'm running on XP SP2, Core Duo E6700, 2 Gb RAM, ATI X1950XTX on 7.11 (had slowdown issues with 8.1 so I rolled back).

The 'Last Second Crash' doesn't happen on every saved scenario, but when it does hit, it will consistently crash my saved game on following turns from that point on. I have several saves where this happens if you would like them - they crash in the same way that the file posted by Mord does.

No worries guys, this bug has been identified and fixed for the v1.07 update which we expect to deliver in a couple of weeks.
Relief and disappointment. Obviously dissappointed that it's going to take a few weeks. I'm truely appreciative that you've fixed it and let us know the time frame.

Cheers! Vini.