Anyone got Paradox game working with 1.06 patch?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Moosegum:

You did make a mistake.

If you can, cancel your purchase and buy directly from Battlefront.

I've wished I had done that many times during the last 6 months.

Moose: why do you say that, aside from this problem of course? I was considering paradox. What other problems unique to the Paradox version have there been?

Ah, my post came across a bit more harsh than intended.

My point is, that every patch (as far as I know) since CM:SF came out has been released in three versions: Battlefront, Gamersgate and Paradox.

And every time the Paradox version (and the Gamersgate too, I would assume) has been released several days (one of them a week, think) later than the Battlefront one.

A small thing, you could say, but every time it has really irritated me - having to wait for the patch for several days while everybody else is playing and shouting how great/terrible it is, only because I bought a certain version of the game... Why not save yourself the irritation if you can.

And there are a few other issues, but the extra waiting time for new patches is the main thing.

Originally posted by Moosegum:

Ah, my post came across a bit more harsh than intended.

My point is, that every patch (as far as I know) since CM:SF came out has been released in three versions: Battlefront, Gamersgate and Paradox.

And every time the Paradox version (and the Gamersgate too, I would assume) has been released several days (one of them a week, think) later than the Battlefront one.

A small thing, you could say, but every time it has really irritated me - having to wait for the patch for several days while everybody else is playing and shouting how great/terrible it is, only because I bought a certain version of the game... Why not save yourself the irritation if you can.

And there are a few other issues, but the extra waiting time for new patches is the main thing.

There support on there forum is really bad too.

I was wondering about the LAG mouse, very bad performance and the CTD in the first 20 sec. of a mission.

Paradox user, too :(

complete reinstall, all performance options changed to very fast and low resolution, the gamge even dont get into the main menu :(:(

win xp, dual core 6700,2 gb ram, geforce 8800 gts

[ February 05, 2008, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Andro ]

Well, we often hear about QA issues delaying the patches for the CD versions. I guess we know right now why the Paradox patch was released at the same time as the BFC version... They skipped the whole testing phase right off.

I worked with some russian devs once. A famous quote in that project was from one of them (told in thick russian accent): "We have tried it once, it will work all the time". You can all guess what happened the next time his module was invoked ;)

/Mazex

We are working right now with Paradox to get this all fixed and will get a working patch out to you as soon as we can.

Don't be too hard on Paradox this time as I didn't catch this issue either and I really should have before I posted the patch for the mirrors to host.

I normally perform at the very least a load functionality test to make sure everything comes up as it should. The problem with this issue is that the game DOES load, you just can't click on any units. :(

I will get it fixed though with as minimal a delay as I can.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We are working right now with Paradox to get this all fixed and will get a working patch out to you as soon as we can.

Don't be too hard on Paradox this time as I didn't catch this issue either and I really should have before I posted the patch for the mirrors to host.

I normally perform at the very least a load functionality test to make sure everything comes up as it should. The problem with this issue is that the game DOES load, you just can't click on any units. :(

Madmatt

Thanks for the update..I will go ahead and ask, is there a chance it will be yet today?

Originally posted by meter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Thanks for the update..I will go ahead and ask, is there a chance it will be yet today? </font>

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by meter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Thanks for the update..I will go ahead and ask, is there a chance it will be yet today? </font>