ATI left click issue final fix.

Hmmm, well I had to roll back to 7.11 as I suffered horrible performance in CMSF with my 1950XTX using 8.1. At first I thought it was the 1.06 patch, but rolling back to my previous drivers fixed everything.

I was getting a 3-5 second pause when selecting units, even with everything turned right down and the resolution reduced. Now I've gone back to 7.11 I'm running everything at max again, and enjoying all the joys of 1.06.

Mind you, I never suffered the 'left click' bug in the first place, so I'm happy it's fixed it for you!

Originally posted by Zatoichi:

Hmmm, well I had to roll back to 7.11 as I suffered horrible performance in CMSF with my 1950XTX using 8.1. At first I thought it was the 1.06 patch, but rolling back to my previous drivers fixed everything.

I was getting a 3-5 second pause when selecting units, even with everything turned right down and the resolution reduced. Now I've gone back to 7.11 I'm running everything at max again, and enjoying all the joys of 1.06.

Mind you, I never suffered the 'left click' bug in the first place, so I'm happy it's fixed it for you!

I'm troubleshoot the same issue. Game is unplayable after v1.06. Trying to downgrade video drivers now...

One thing I noticed with the new 8.1 drivers is that you really HAVE TO uninstall your previous ATI drivers before you install the new ones.

Now, ATI always tell you to do this, but most people just go "yeah right" and install over the top of the old ones and usually everything works fine.

I have installed the 8.1's on two different PC's and each time I just installed them over the top of the earlier 7.11 and 7.12 drivers I had horrible framerates and all sorts of problems. In fact, to Windows, I was effectively just running in VGA mode and was getting no hardware acceleration AT ALL!!!!

I fixed it all though by going into my control panel, selecting the Add Remove Program utility and removing both the ATI drivers and the ATI CCC thingy. I then rebooted and when windows came back up and asked me to install new drivers for the display adaptor I cancelled it out.

Then I ran the 8.1's setup and everything was fine from that point on.

Just an FYI, but since it happened to me twice, its probably a safe bet some of you are seeing the same thing.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

One thing I noticed with the new 8.1 drivers is that you really HAVE TO uninstall your previous ATI drivers before you install the new ones.

Now, ATI always tell you to do this, but most people just go "yeah right" and install over the top of the old ones and usually everything works fine.

I have installed the 8.1's on two different PC's and each time I just installed them over the top of the earlier 7.11 and 7.12 drivers I had horrible framerates and all sorts of problems. In fact, to Windows, I was effectively just running in VGA mode and was getting no hardware acceleration AT ALL!!!!

I fixed it all though by going into my control panel, selecting the Add Remove Program utility and removing both the ATI drivers and the ATI CCC thingy. I then rebooted and when windows came back up and asked me to install new drivers for the display adaptor I cancelled it out.

Then I ran the 8.1's setup and everything was fine from that point on.

Just an FYI, but since it happened to me twice, its probably a safe bet some of you are seeing the same thing.

Madmatt

Still no joy.

Playing Al Huqf Engagement. Game just grinds whenever I select the vehicle. I can unload the command unit from the vehicle, but I cannot reload the vehicle during the setup phase. Everytime my mouse gets near it, performance drops to zero and all I can do is move my mouse away.

I also notice that I have men in the jumping jack formation during set up.

The setup of this scenario worked fine before 1.06.

I'm trying some more stuff.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sitting Duck:

No joy. Game is still unplayable. Will have to begin in-depth troubleshooting tomorrow.

It's always something.

Duck, make sure you have the ATI Compatability option turned on, too, that removes this problem on my system.

Dan </font>

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I have an 8800GT card in one of my systems and get great performance. What problems are you seeing right now?

Madmatt

The same since the game is out, bad performance on my WinXP, 6700 Dual Core, 2 GB Ram and 8800 GTS!

With 1.06 paradox not playable (redrawings in the main menu, mouse lag, bad perfomance on medium maps and the CTD of course).

Posted a few times allready...

@oren_m

is this perhaps what you searching for:

*Fixed* Paradox v1.06 Patch Released

Your problem description ("everytime i select a vehicle the game crushes") sounds to me like it was related to the v1.06 Paradox version patch of the game... but on the other hand I'm not completely sure because you also wrote:

i have the ATI 2400 HD, and the left click option is on, and ofcours 1.06, not paradox.
:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

i really have to do something with this right click thingy. since i have a new ATI card i have to activate it currently, but its makeing me partly pretty mad when playing.

i click my man there and they dont go there in the first palce or they move somewhere else, ploting waypoints in houses is a pain and selecting a waypoint even more.

actually i miss out at least 30% of the map area becouse i cant plot movement orders there.

my other problem is i play regualry armed assault, and the game is runing quiet good with the current drivers and setting i have here. so i dont want to roll back, or it would be the last step i would consider.

anyone have a idea!?