Out of memory

How much physical memory do you have in your computer ? Do you have a lot of utilities or other programs loaded up in the background ? If so you may want to close as many as possible to free up some memory (using Ctrl-Alt-Del to run Task Manager if necessary). I'm not sure how much of a difference you resolution may make on the memory requirements, but you may want to set CMSF to use something smaller such as 1024x768 (if you're not already running this resolution).

Do you have the 1.05 patch installed ? I can't recall off-hand if any missions have been updated (though I doubt any have) to fix possible issues.

aldoz - Perform a Ctrl-Alt-Del to launch the Task Manager before lauching CMSF. Go to the Performance tab and look in the Physical Memory (K) section. What is the amount for 'Available' ? The Applications tab will tell you the major programs running (which should be empty). The Processes tab is very useful since it tells you everything (or nearly) that is running on the machine. This will include applications and other executables that the OS or other programs, utilities, etc. are running. You may want to 'End' some of these processes to free up both memory and possibly processing time (if they're unnecessary).

Do you run into the "Out of Memory" error only during one of the missions of Task Force Thunder or when opening up other scenarios within CMSF ? If it is a specific mission within TF Thunder, do you know which one ?

If you want a more detailed program rather than Task Manager you can download Process Explorer which will give you more details as to what your system is currently doing/running.

Edit: I see your other thread where you mention it is the 7th mission within the TF Thunder campaign.

As for the ADSL connection software, you'll want to keep that running (for your internet connection).

I always make sure to close all programs before starting CMSF, and usually all scenarios work fine on the highest settings (1280x1024), but that one has always been a problem. It is the one with a huge map, where you are covering the flank of the mayn thrust before Objective Diana. The map is huge and when I played it before it took ferever to load and save during the mission. Now it just gives me the error, so I gave up on the campaign and concentrated on individual scenarior, which is still fun, but it would be a bit ambarassing for the developers if people are avoiding one of the 'important' features of the games because of bugs... :(

Ok, thanx very much for help!

1) Available phisical memory = 680000

2) Error appear only when i try to load the mission after "Night Stalker" mission. I can play and finish "Night Stalker" and when simulation go to load next mission the loading bar remain on 50% and after some minutes appear "OUT OF MEMORY".

3) All my background PROCESS are (i think) system things, no antivirus, no emule, no other things.

I try to download your "like task manager" software for find a way for optimizing my actives process but i start to think that there isn't a solution for this problem...

I hope these information can help you to help me! smile.gif

Ok these my steps:

1)From "control panel" i go to "system"

2)Select "advanced button" and i go to "performance setting"

2b)I select best performance for PROGRAMS in the 2 area of performance setting panel.

3)From performance setting i go to advanced button

4)I push change Virtual memory button

5)I have HD a, b and c

6)I make my own set for HD a and HD b:

start dimension = 2440

max dimension = 4880

7) restart windows

8) THE PROBLEM PERSIST :(

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge, one (or more) of the scenarios within the campaign needs to be updated/saved for the newer versions of the game. There appears to be an incompatibility with one of the scenarios that results in an "out of memory" error when attempting to load it up.

I don't know what the plans are regarding updating the campaign to be fully compatible with 1.05 and later. I assume it will be done at some point, but I'm not absolutely sure when.

I have not that problem for me the next mission after night stalker load up. I have 2 GB of memory and 5 gb of virtual memory the next mission is not a large map is a medium map. The problem must be something related to Pc configurations i think is better to put the pc configuration to help battlefront to find the bug.

i started the camp in 1.04 but yesterday i played the 7 mission on 1.05, of course I am running 1.05. The version of the game is the gamersgate Internet down load. the previous mission was loaded seen the beginning not a mid mission save (that is supouse not to work from 1.04 to 1.05)

I am running windows XP AMD dual +3800 2GB ram Nvidia 8500 5 GB virtual memory.

• 7 months later...

Same problem here, bar freeze at 50% when loading mission after "night stalker" then I receive "out of memory" message and my game crash to windos. I tried to load earlier save and end mission with truce. Can anyone help me here ?

I play on 1.08 version of the game.

My rig

C2D e 6550

3GB Ram

GF GTX260

300 GB HDD SATA 2

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people experiences "out of memory" crashes after completing Night Stalkers. I've got 2GB of RAM, so the error message is a little dubious. I'm running the 1.08 patch for the Paradox game version.

Has anyone been able to reach the mission after? I guess I could try fiddling with processes but I don't want to beat my head against the wall for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new system, plenty of ram (4). I don't even get into a mission. I didn't have this problem with CMSF. It's not just the Night Stalker and it's not just real time because I always try to load it in WEGO.

AREA-51

NVIDIA NFORCE 790I ULTRA SLI MOTHERBOARD

INTEL Q9450 CPU,2.66/1333,12M

SEAGATE 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM 16 MB CACHE

LG 20X DUAL-LAYER DVD RE-WRITER NON-LIG

Dual NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT 512 MB 65NM

Windows XP

• 1 year later...

"Night Stalkers" bug is still present!

+1 to the list of people experiences "out of memory" crashes after completing Night Stalkers.

CMSF 1.21 all module , 2GB of RAM, Win XP, ATI.

The loading, of next Night Stalkers scenario, begins and I have "out of memory", CTD with 3% or 5%.

I tried various configurations (wego, graphic otions....), but nothing ever "out of memory" 3% or 5%.

• 3 weeks later...

well i have recieved this error message as well. it occured, or rather, keeps occuring around the same time as when fox company arrives during the pooh mission. i have played the mission several times and happens at approximately the same time. also i tried saving the game along the way and at a certain point when i try to restart a saved game the moment i click on the saved game button on the main menu the game crashes. once i go into the folder and delete the file, the game works fine.

strange since i have played the usmc campaign to its end before but now it seems to not work. at first i thought it was the new campaign file with the fix but i switched back to the original file and the same thing happens.

not sure if anyone has any thoughts on this or not. also i tried expading the virtual memory and that does not seem to help.

xps m1530

intel core duo T9300 2.50 ghz

4gb ram

nvidia geforce 8600m gt

steve-o