1.03: Oddities and Suggestions (updated 9.03.07)

* Updated 9.03.07 (italicized text)

Hello everyone:

What follows is a list of my basic system specs., oddities I have observed and a few suggestions.

Feel free to clue-me-in should any of these be the result of user error.

This game has plenty of potential, but reasons for further refinement definitely exist. Best of luck to BFC as they tackle these issues. I hope this list helps.

Basic System Specs.

CMSF: v. 1.03

Direct X: 9.0c

CPU: E6850

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX (162.18 WHQL Driver)

Sound: SB X-Fi Extreme Fatality Gamer (5.12.6.1187 Driver)

Gameplay:

Some infantry units will not respond to movement commands, rather they remain fixed in place despite not being in contact, within visual/voice range of their command element and being rested. Experience level has no bearing on this issue. This occurs in new (i.e. non-saved) games.

Syrian units frequently repeat the same voice sound effect simultaneously and often in an overlapping fashion. Pardon the poor stab at phonetics, however it is the file that sounds like “ halla la shoots hadu.” Adjusting hardware acceleration has no effect.

Cover arcs do not extend off of the map edge, which can often leave gaps in assigned areas of coverage.

Visuals:

Vehicles will often alternately flicker between vertical angles when negotiating sloped terrian as if the game cannot determine the proper way to visually orient the model to the ground

Driver/passenger model’s feet protrude from the bottom of M114’s

RPG fins appear through the sides of the launcher

WEGO:

Terrian deformation effects remain in place at the start of a replayed turn rather than appearing after the appropriate trigger (i.e. craters as a result of explosions).

Actions that "carry over" into a second turn phase, such as a movement command, do not appear

to be capable of being cancelled in mid-action. Seemingly, the original command must be completed to the full extent before any corrective action can be applied (i.e. immediately halt, then hide).

Text:

Extraneous parenthesis appear in the “Activated Troops” column when some some units are purchased (e.g. Stryker Infantry: “ 4th Battalion (Combined Arms MOUT))”)

* Question:

Is machinegun ammo for vehicles tracked and displayed via the "Ammo" tab in the UI via broad values such as ">2K" only? Does this change to lower values as the engagement unfolds (i.e. <2K, >1K, <1K, etc.)? Could a more informative system be displayed with values like "2000, 1900, 1800, etc." instead?

* Suggestions:

* Add "stackable" commands to WEGO

Add a “Locate/Highlight IED” function for the purposes of setup and easy location for the Syrian player. At present, a player must search the map or take notes to record their placement in each scenario. * Perhaps IED's could be highlighted whenever the associated triggerman is selected.

Add a time counter to the UI that displays the designated pause time for a unit. Currently, a player must remember how many times the pause button has been clicked.

* Add a button-down/close-up command for infantry posted at the top Stryker hatches

* Add images of flavor objects to the editor menu instead of arbitrary numbers

* Add Mk19 M114 variant

[ September 03, 2007, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Peter Panzer ]