NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT in an Intel Macbook Pro for CMSF

Is there an existing thread here about how to parition an intel Mac Book Pro for windows XP and playing Windoze games?

I know some of the basics like the disk has to be partitioned, but I would like to hear from folks who have done it who could direct me to step by step instructions for setting up the computer (with details and tech specs) to install Windows XP so there would be no new problems for playing CMSF on my new laptop with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

Is anyone running that video card on an intel Mac with Windows XP?

any suggestions or advice?

(googling now for web pages and web sites that tell mac Guys how to set up intel Macs to play PC games!)

:D

thanks

-tom w

[ August 24, 2007, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Bootcamp partitions the drive for you, you just choose how big a partition (it must be the second partition of two, unless you use rEFIt). The size of the hard drive your MBP has, and what you do with your machine will determine how much space you want to give to Windows. Personally I just split the drive so I have equal space for both (I have a 160GB drive (150 formated), so 74GB for Mac OS10.4 and 74GB for Windows XP). Once you install XP, which is easy once you run the bootcamp assistant, you just install the Apple XP drives and you play the games like on any other PC.

I cannot make any suggestions regarding your graphics card since I have the earlier X1600 based Core 2 Duo MBP. That said your best bet is to keep an eye out for new bootcamp drivers when they come out.