Initial info on pending v1.02 patch

Hi all,

Obviously we've been a bit busy trying to catch up with some of the bugs that you guys have found with the new release. We're sorry you've had to experience the downside of a fresh release of a massively complex engine, but those of you who experienced the same thing with CMBO can vouch that the growing pains are worth the effort.

Our testers and I have been reading this and the CM:SF Forum pretty much every hour since the game launched. We're well aware of the issues you guys are experiencing, so there is no need to repeat them. Just keep posting as you have been doing and that's all that you need to do.

Until Charles actually announces v1.02 patch is done I can not say for sure what will be in it. The reason being is that we don't want to take more than about a week to get a patch out. Making you wait longer than that, isn't in anybody's best interests. So depending on what can get in between now and a week is a bit too variable to guess at.

Thanks!

Steve

[ August 01, 2007, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Hi Steve,

Does this mean that the ATI/Vista fix will wait for another week? Wouldn't it be possible to release just that fix for those of us with the problem so that we can get on with actually playing the game? Even if it as beta code, it will be a marked improvement over what is possible today, i.e. nothing.

Thanks!

AstroCat,

We have new hardware purchased and on the way to Charles. The nVidia 8xxx issue is a top priority for the v1.02 patch.

Scrat,

I´m not a beta tester of this beta game.
I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately, with literally thousands of different possible configurations, and PLENTY of bugs in software drivers and Windows, it is impossible for us to get things right 100%. The measure of a good game company is how quickly they fix the problems when they come up, not if it runs perfectly 100% of the time. It's simply not possible for that to happen.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

AstroCat,

We have new hardware purchased and on the way to Charles. The nVidia 8xxx issue is a top priority for the v1.02 patch.

Good news, I'll try to be patient. This game is currently a slideshow on my 8800 GTS.

Looks really fun though, I can't wait to give it a spin with a decent framerate.

Originally posted by rune:

cat,

I called you that afternoon, did not get an answer, haven't heard from you.

Did you try the affinity and setting to one processor? I still have the 7600 card standing by.

Rune

I'm sorry if I missed your call, I thought maybe you got too busy and wanted to wait. I'm away for the next couple days but I'll see what the situation is like when I get back.

I did try setting the affinity to one processor but it made no difference. As well, the 2 4000+ systems still have the same problem as the dual core one did.

Sorry again, didn't mean to leave you hanging. smile.gif

Could you program into the ingame options to only use 1 cpu core as in another of your games "Theatre of War" has. Would save Alt-Tabbing out every time game is run. The difference in frame rate in Theatre of War is mind boggling between using multi core (bad) and one core (good) I know CMSF is diff game but sure its suffering similar problem. Also being able to choose monitor refresh rate when choosing game res would be helpful so could enable v-sync then.

Thanks

[ August 02, 2007, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]