Update on ATI Issue

We're in the 2nd phase of figuring out a hack around the ATI driver bug. Most of you guys don't have your email addresses in your profile so I haven't been able to contact you. If you send me an email I can include you in the ATI test (this is VERY specific to the ATI problem). Should be over and done with by tomorrow if all goes well.

steve@battlefront.com

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions guys, Ill check the power supply out this evening. When I last replaced it, I think I bought a quality one...

Originally posted by Steiner14:

Hammer,

if you open the computer, you will find a data-sheet on the power supply. How much Ampere can it deliver on the 12V and on the 5V chain and how high is it's nominal output in conjunction with the CPU and the graphics card you have?

Bugs (and I mean plural, as in three!) in ATI's drives have been identified. There is no easy, 100% way to work around this. However, it can be. Charles is implementing some things that should make these buggy ATI cards accept the standard API user interface calls, which all other systems handle just fine, with little to no impact.

More info when we have it.

Steve