High end system - terrible performance

ATI Dual Core 64 X2 6000 with H2900XT card with 512mb ram, 2GB system ram, win xp SP2 (Home). Battlefront 1.01 version.

Tried all the user fixes, + install of MS Hotfixes, AMD fixes etc, tried removing dual core opt and running etc etc etc, still no joy, can't issue a waypoint without atioglx2.dll kicking an error back.

Depressed...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steiner14:

Another possibility, AstroCat:

Fresh Windoze install (in a new partition, if you have enough free space), only graphics and audio drivers + CMSF.

The e6850 system is a new fresh install, just built the system. Plus remember 3 of my 4 systems have this problem. The only one that doesn't is the 6800GT system. It's the 8xxx series and thier drivers and the game engine, that is the problem. It really is up to BF to fix the issue. We won't be able to do it from our end, unfortunately.

I had some serious problems running CMSF for the first time. Frame rate was lousy, lag, everyone seemed to be talking at once and it was unplayable.

My system is as follows

Windows XP Professional SP2

Gigabyte 965P-DS3

Intel® Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256.0 MB

Nvidia 158.27 drivers

Nvidia Control panel settings

Antialiasing/Anisortopic are set to application

After reading comments in other posts I updated my system, rebooted and CMSF runs very well.

I used Autopatcher to update my system and for me the solution seemed to be in patches.

Completely fresh install to get rid of the shadow problem I had as posted here http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000058

Shadows are ok now, but the low performance is still there ~10 fps on Allahs Fist when looking from edge to edge. Everything with lowest settings under 1024x768.

[ July 29, 2007, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Dowarisch ]

Dowarish,

I'm glad your shadow issue got cleared up. I tell you... if I could snap my fingers and make ANYTHING change in this world, it would be to make video cards, drivers, and OSes worktogether perfectly so we could get on with making better games instead of trying to work around problems with other people not sticking to their own (deleted) APIs. Either that or force them to send us every piece of hardware and software they ever make so we can try all 30000 different combinations! On second thought, I'd rather put my neck in a noose and jump than deal with a warehouse full of dysfunctional computers :D

Steve

But with a warehouse full of computers I could finally build my Doomsday Machine :D

Anyway, I think I noticed something else. It doesent seem to matter much which settings I use, the framerate is ALWAYS around ~10 on Allahs Fist, no matter if I run it on lowest details with AA, Vertical and Aniso off or on higher settings with some of these options on.

I uninstalled amd opt and disabled second core after i started the game and now the game dosent lockup at all but the fps are terrible at bigger maps at imp/imp no aa/af but i think it has to do with my laptops performance.

AMD TURION64x2 TL-50 1.6ghz

1GB DDR2

X1600 256mb

Win XP pro