Sound Mod

I did'nt like in ToW some sounds, specially the small weapons sounds like the MGs, and the planes too. I decided recently to mod these sounds, with recordings of real weapons, trying my best to make them match the animations and effects. I will also make another mod with the "one round.wave" system.

Here is a

in which you can hear:

-Fieseler Storch

-MG42

-MG34 (smg animation))

-Luger

-MP40

-Mauser K98

-BAR

-Tommy

-Garand

-etc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all for the encouragements!

Yes, I think good historical sounds improve greatly the immersion feeling, and that is actually the real and only flaw of this great game, at least regarding the small weapons and planes. But voices could be improved too, in my opinion.

I will upload for testing the US and german small arms sounds as soon as possible (I think tonight, EU time)

Two days later...

Small Arms sounds for US and Germany mod is ready! I'm uploading it at CMMOD!

You can see another

and hear almost all the new sounds.

[ May 26, 2008, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Tartari ]

Thank you!

Status of Small arms sound mod 2 (UK, Rus):

I have found good sounds for each weapon, I have just now to put them into the game. smile.gif

Status of Small arms sound mod 3 (Fr, Pol)

I strive to search good and authentic sounds, very difficult!

Status of Planes sound mod:

I have now good sounds for german, US and UK planes. But nothing yet for the russian ones, I wish I could grab the true sound of a Sturmovik!

[ June 03, 2008, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Tartari ]

• 2 weeks later...

Any news or updates on more sound mod?

I found you can find great realistic sounds on the Call of duty , Faces of War game in the folders if this helps. Just pinch sounds from others and make them yours. Good luck i look forward to the final results. So far excellent work.