Bridges and vehicles

rofl

If i place a bridge in a straith nort-south or east-west direction my tanks can it without problems but as soon i rotate the bridge a little bit its not more possible for vehiles, only infantry can cross :rolleyes:

I also noticed that on some stock maps (dunkerque), cant the gameengine handle that?

hi rofl, question:

have you look if after you have make rotation,if bridge landing on road area?

Or this can coming, from bridge should are correspond to 90° angular rotation, so long that bridge not is positioned on correct angular value, so long time, don't is possible to pass with tank or infantry.

so 90,180,270 and 360°

+-1° don't permit to pass!

but here should sneaksie answer because this should are better know!

coming this with new editor or without patch?

or try to make bridge a bit longer in length, and make control, if after this are make, you add a bit rotation on new modified bridge, if the problem is solve.

[ February 20, 2008, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: lele ]

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

rofl

Use 'show pathfinding cells' command to see the cells units use to calculate paths. While infantry requires only 1 cell wide pass, larger tanks need 5 or even 7. Try to line up your bridge with this grid.

I used the pathfinding tool and one step angle reduces the cells from 7 down to 5.

It seems thats not enaugh for medium tanks like sherman, only small vehicles like willys or motorcycles can cross the bridge but also with pathfinding problems, the AI prefer the straith bridge half mile away :D