Did anybody come up with IMFViewer crash?

It seemed IMFViewer would never work on my computer. It crashed every time when I started it. I knew my OS was non-English version, so I upgraded DX, shifted language and made sure it was in right folder but still no luck. Any way to make other TGAs editable without the Viewer?

Hi,

does Mission Editor working on your computer? Some TGA are not really tga's they are DDS or imf format, this utility helps you to convert the imf format which is named as tga, to the other types but doesnt support conversion to imf format.

br.

Dr.Jones

Nice to see you here, Dr.

The Mission Editor works fine on my PC while IMFViewer keeps crashing, weird hmm? I found out this program was from Slovenia and I tried to used MS AppLocale to run it, this time it didn't crash at the start but still end up with an "execption that couldn't handle".

I'm eager to known if there is any other way to convert IMF files? It seemed to be long before I could get Viewer working.

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xe18 (3608) Thread ID=0x820 (2080)

That's what came up when I tried to start the program with Slovenia language in AppLocale. Those IDs differed each time. For other languages like English, the program was terminated by Windows before it even started.

Originally posted by ReichElite:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xe18 (3608) Thread ID=0x820 (2080)

That's what came up when I tried to start the program with Slovenia language in AppLocale. Those IDs differed each time. For other languages like English, the program was terminated by Windows before it even started.

Hi,

send me your mail, i try to send you new version, trying with english culture. Weird, I built the SFSExtractor in the same solution as IMFViewer.

br.

Dr.Jones

[ January 10, 2008, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Dr.Jones ]

Originally posted by ReichElite:

Thank you Dr.Jones, this one works nice! Great to have you guys helping here! ^o^

Another question, what format should I save them into afer PS works? TGA?

Hi,

I haven't tried it, but TOW supports just DDS, IMF and real TGA format, all files are named with extension *.tga.

br.

Dr.Jones

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dr.Jones:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RIKUSYO:

As for me, IMFViewr does not work either.

A "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException" error is given when it starts.

I use a Japanese edition of Windows XP.

I will upload the new version of the IMFViewer on the www.cmmods.com.

br.

Dr.Jones </font>

Dang,

Just tried to use the IMFViewer in XP and I get the following error.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : imfviewer.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 4683b476

P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 461eee3d P7 : 331e P8 : 119

P9 : system.io.directorynotfound

I looked at cmmods.com just now and only saw the sfsextractor02fix.zip which is the version I am using.

Originally posted by BrassEm:

Dang,

Just tried to use the IMFViewer in XP and I get the following error.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : imfviewer.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 4683b476

P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 461eee3d P7 : 331e P8 : 119

P9 : system.io.directorynotfound

I looked at cmmods.com just now and only saw the sfsextractor02fix.zip which is the version I am using.

Hi,

Look for under Theatre of War / All (Sortable) and download SFSExtractor0.3 binaries and IMFViewer - fixed.

br.

Dr.Jones