ToW Extractor help

oragus

I am trying to use Dr. Jones' Extractor and am having an issue. Its not reading any thing and displays a error when I hit the quit button.

So far I have extracted it to my MissionEditor directory like it said to do. The readme states something about a Config.xml with the sfsPath and extradir. I don't have that. It says to set the Path, that's the path when you open the extractor right, not inside some other file prior to opening it?

Then why didn't my new skin show up? I put the Germany Polish Campaign markings on a Pz 35(t) and when I went into the game, started a fresh campaign no new skin?

BTW Sneaksie, appreciate the help. I am new to Modding ToW. The programs to use to mod this game are also new to. Gotta rememdy that. smile.gif

Oudy,

I have that is how I out how to modify the skins in the first place. The changing the .tga files to .dds and the nvidia plug-in for photoshop. Very helpful. Thank you very much for your efforts on that btw. I changed the .dds back to .tga and I saved them with your settings and nothing. I am must be missing something or did something wrong or the gave just doesn't want me to mod it, lol....I have had nothing but issues since I started to try...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Oudy,

Got a question for you on your FAQ 1.02. I am going thru it putting in your Pz IVf1 to try to become familiar with modding this game. In section D. Changing the Animation files. You talk about the \Ai\Animattor\Tank.rc file? I don't have that file. All I have are the Animator.rc, artillery.rc and human.rc. No tank.rc? I am missing something?

Oragus

That may be a file that is in your game directory from when you installed the game and not from the the extractor. If it isn't in your game directory then download the TOW Updated Filelist.txt and use it to extract the additional files.

It's been a while and I don't recall off the top of my head where that files comes from.

Hope that helps,

Oudy