Where's that infantry only mod?

Nikki Mond

• 2 months later...

OK I tried this. It has potential, and Oudy knows more than I about modding and scripting. I appreciated the flanking manouver of the German squad.

But the NPC tank battle, although theatrical was lacking because my troops could walk right up to these troops and its as if they were invisible. Perhaps a scripting to get the NPC's off the field once they exchanged some fire could be added.

Good Effort.

Originally posted by Nikki Mond:

Hey thanks didn't notice that one

.....outstanding scenario very well designed and balanced. btw

Thanks.

I think most wargames are biased towards armor. The first mod I did for Close Combat II was exactly an all infantry mod!

I think though that armor is easier to look convincing in a game than infantry.

--

I'd like to see a tactical squad game put out that consisted of putting about 85-90% of the effort into getting a really killer infantry model down before even worrying about how to make vehicles work in the game engine.

I'd be more than happy to play a detailed squad tactics game at platoon+ level that never consisted of anything more than a half-track or two per side and perhaps a light tank if it had an incredibly good infantry model.

This game for instance, needs a lot more love and care put into controlling the squads and machine guns need to be totally re-thunk. An HMG position in WWII was deadly...in this game they last about 30 seconds and are hardly even worth purchasing...

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

I think designers spend too much time tweaking the units to make them balance the scenarios better when they should be just creating the units as realistically as possible and tweaking the scenarios to create balance.....

Those are two entirely different things.....

Aggreed. Tanks for example....

There is not a game out there that makes a player think twice before he decides to take his tanks off a hard road into the soft ground, next to a river, or through a forest to get hung up on a stump.

All games are guilty of that to some extent, panzer command, Squad Assault, CM, and Tow equally. But atleast I can partly cripple a JSII with a panzer vermin, and 1 squad can easily swarm a tank in TOW.