Modding support for the ToW

• 4 months later...

Modding map objects ?

Is there any way to create new map objects and bind them to the game/editors ? Which tools were essential ? (photoshop plug-ins, mesh tools, extractor tools ?) What would be the exact procedure ? Or is it impossible for any technical reason ?

... questions, questions

Yes, statics. I would like to dip a toe into the "Mesh-pond", but the prize for 3ds Max kept me from doing so. (I know Blender and other progs are for free, but I seem to be in love with 3ds Max - can´t help it).

btw: what´s the current prize for a fully-licenced 3ds Max ?

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by oragus:

Sneaksie,

And how do we read model from the .msh format? 3ds Max don't read that format?

Hi,

Oragus, if we decrypt the format of the msh to full extent, check this topic http://tow.sieber-markus.de/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30 , then it would be possible to create import and export plugin for maya 3d (know maya plugin programming not max 3d). But I don't have time go any futher. So there is very small chance or none that 1C will provide the plugin for Max 3d or any other 3d editor.

br.

Dr.Jones

Originally posted by Egon:

Yes, statics. I would like to dip a toe into the "Mesh-pond", but the prize for 3ds Max kept me from doing so. (I know Blender and other progs are for free, but I seem to be in love with 3ds Max - can´t help it).

btw: what´s the current prize for a fully-licenced 3ds Max ?

Around $3500 US. A bit much for anyone but a professional who is actively using it to make money with. I'd say this idea of submitting 3ds models with very specific parameters based around a utility that costs 3 and one half K is abit of a non-starter.

But who knows? There were a couple of fellas who submitted several new models for SHOWWII and they had to figure the whole thing out on their own.

Oh wow! Looks like I have to get rich or die tryin´ to get my hands on this nasty prog ..

They say in CHINA professional software is much, much cheaper but on the other hand the food seems to be worse there smile.gif

Greetings - Egon

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Dr.Jones:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by oragus:

Sneaksie,

And how do we read model from the .msh format? 3ds Max don't read that format?

Hi,

Oragus, if we decrypt the format of the msh to full extent, check this topic http://tow.sieber-markus.de/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30 , then it would be possible to create import and export plugin for maya 3d (know maya plugin programming not max 3d). But I don't have time go any futher. So there is very small chance or none that 1C will provide the plugin for Max 3d or any other 3d editor.

br.

Dr.Jones </font>