Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

One other thing

I can't seem to find a button that "deletes" a group. I selected a load of soldiers and assigned them as group 1...later I wanted to split them...so I selected half of them and set them to group 2 - but everytime I select group 1, it selects the original Group 1.

I have tried selecting half, assigning as group 1, select other half and assign as group 2. When I do this, I can select group 2 (only half) but when I select group 1, I select all the troops again!

I think this is how it works,

Select the units you want in the Group and press CTRL-1. This will assign and "remember" the Units to Group 1. You can add other units to Group 1 later by keying SHIFT-1. To "delete" Group 1 you will need to key CTRL-1 again with the new selected units to erase the previous group 1 from memory. Pressing 1 should now select your new units.

you can do more than that.

say you have a rifle section of 10 men.

You want to have a key to control over all 10 men and you want a key to control the 2 man machine gun pair in that group and you want to control the remaining 8 men as well.

double click the leader and the whole squad will be lit up, press CTL 1.

Then click the machine gunner and SHF click another squad member with M/G ammo, then press CTL 2.

Now click on the leader again and SHF click the other 7 men (NOT THE GUN PAIR) and press CTL 3.

so to move the whole squad press 1 and you can move them, hold ground or whatever. When you come under fire you can then press 2 and move the gun group to a firing position and then press 3 to move the leader and riflemen to outflank an enemy position.

Once the attack is over you can press 1 gain to move everyone to a new position.

W