last german mission help

well now that ive past the mission that i was having trouble witch i post earliyer, i cant seeem to be able to stop the russian that are trying to destroy my position wich im defending with pac 40 3 of them and 2 panzer 4 h and the panzerfaust infantary, the russian tanks are just too many and i dont seem do get any reinforcemnts to stop the russian advance and the russians is2 have much armou so i aim at the traks but between the is2 and the t34 i just dont have an idea how to stop them all. Any ideas on this mission???

You can trade off some Paks and Pz4 for Jagdpanzers or Panther (if possible)... Paks probably won't survive the possible barrage.

You can also position one tank on the bridge, blocking it completely and forcing the assault forces to mome the long way.

What is most important is that you'll get HUGE reinforcement after random time or when your force is down to a few men. You probably decided that all is lost too earlier)

• 3 months later...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER)

I had two Panthers, one JagdTiger (be sure to take your elite crew for those three AFVs), two squads of Fallschrimjägers (one of them with two snipers and the other with two RaketenPanzerBuchse), two squads of Panzerfaust troops and one MG-34 as HMG (tripod). At the deploy stage I placed my JagdTiger in the left side of the valley, so the vehicle could wait there non-threatened by rear or left flank fire. He waited for enemy to pour into the valley.

The two Panthers were positioned in the village, behind the buildings, in a way that each one of them covered different approach to the bridge. Both had one of their flanks always protected by building walls and their lower hulls were protected by the village small wall (although the wall protection was a one-timer).

As for the infantry, I had to spread them all over both canal banks and after the arty had stopped its fire, I quickly regrouped them in the second trenches line. I left the two MG bunkers on their own. I also sent two snipers and one RaketenPanzerBuchse troop to the highest hill, so they could pick those nasty waves of russian infantry from a safe position. You may also want to place there some other troops for backup.

Some tips:

When enemy armor approaches to ca.750 meters (or it opens fire), fire at the closest T34-85 tanks until you knock'em or their guns out. Then switch your fire to those IS-2 monsters. When you are sure that the IS are close enough for your Panthers' crews to hit them with 100% probability - use your PzGr 40/42 to blow them up quickly. But save some of those rounds for later. Remember to maneuver your Panthers wisely. Always face them front towards the enemy, and if it gets hot for one of your cats, just reverse it to a safe position behind a building for a moment. Maneuvering is a key here. Do it wrong and you'll find yourself with wasted KwKs. Also, conserve ammunition - that's the second most important factor.

When enemy armour pours into the valley, it will split into three little forces. One will go through the valley, and so will become a prey for your JagdTiger, one will drive through the western hills (your Fallschrimjäger with RaketenPanzerBuchse will have to deal with them - or your Panthers from the village), and the last force will strike through the eastern valley cliff and will be dealt with by exclusively by Panthers.

To stop those hundreds of Russian infantry, I also used my Panthers combined with MG-34 HMG and sporadic fire from my entrenched infantry.

As for the SUs that will come eventually - they're not really a problem. Their drivers are so stupid that they, when non-threatened on their approach, will drive straight through the bridge, leaving their flanks open for your three cats to claw through them like through butter. Just be cautious not to blast your own tanks in crossfire. ;)

With a tiny doze of luck you may be able to complete the mission with no armour casualties at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure that choosing two PzJg IV tank destroyers may be a lot more better choice than the JagdTiger as poor fire rate of the latter may be a big problem when two or more tanks emerge into its view within less than 300 meters distance. The ROF is critical at such cases and as you know, the reload time of 75mm PaK 42 is A LOT quicker than reloading of a massive 128mm shell. Not to mention the presence of two vehicles instead of one which is always a plus. smile.gif

PS. My reinforcements never arrived.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fun mission I may say smile.gif

best tactic was always to find the biggest hole in the gorund and hide your tanks while waiting for the russions to move around a hill corner. Expose always the top of your tanks - use guns and make sure you hide their crews when under bombardament.

• 1 year later...

reingforcements come, if you retreat acroos the canal, (when you have orders to) and then fight so hard as you can (destroy so many enemy tanks as possible so reignforcements job is easier), after you have low amount of soldiers, u get a big lack of reignforcing.