Uberpatch for English Kalypso version released

Sneaksie

Hi again,

i think i have solved the problem.I have shifted the DVD drive and...voila,TOW runs now.The interesting thing is,it seems that my new(1/2 year) LG drive is not able to recognize the disc correctly,have shifted with a nearly 5 year old one and it runs!?

Hmm....ok...Have no ideas why.

The only problem for me now is,i dont like to shift it everytime i like to play TOW.

Maybee...only maybee ;) ...you decide, when the big sale for the game is over, to remove eventually with another patch the diskcheck smile.gif .I hope it really.

For me the TOW Journey is unfortunately over for the next time.All other games run fine,why should i buy a new drive?

BUT, i would like to thank you all at BF that you have tried so fast to help us.Thats remarkable!

Thank you.

Originally posted by Opilein:

It was not necessary to have the DVD in drive before the patch came.

This is why I obtained the Kalypso version. If this is the way customers are being treated it is time to move on. I am really put off by this move to increase copy protection for legitimate buyers.

This one will just join the others on the shelf as bad buys. After Pacific Storm, T-72 and now this, I should lean to avoid the Russian titles.

Anyway ignore my little rant from a dissatisfied customer, I will just move on and be quiet. My time on this forum has ended for now.

Cheers MarkL

Just want to say that I'm one of the unfortunate ones who decided to purchase the game from GoGamer and had to wait 6 weeks more for the Uber patch to be released from 1C site (Kalypso).

First off I have no clue what #$@$ version game I have, the only publisher I see on the box is 1C but 1C indicates that I have to wait for the publisher's version, well anyway tried the patch and got the "Please insert original DVD" message, tried their patch for the patch with the same result (running XP like 90% of the rest of gamers). At this point I don't want anything to do with 1C and their idea of punishing the legitimate owners of their software with ridiculous copy protection, as one said before these Russian titles are becoming more insane on copy protection, just have to remember StarFarce and the publishers (UbiSoft for one) steadfast support for it until they finally gave in to the outside pressure.

Sorry for the rant but as you may see I'm a little ticked off now 8-9 weeks after the uber patch has been released and I'm still left playing the patch shuffle and trying to figure out who the #@$$@ will provide the right patch for my version!

pickled14 i had the same prob as u i think once i installed the patch on the english version kalypso i tried to play and as you said it said please put in original cd. butinstead of that all i did was click on my short cut and it work (still with cd in drive tho) dont no if thats any help

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Please try the new executable file, which should recognize ToW DVD properly in Vista:

ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Theatre_of_War/ToW.exe

Copy it to the game directory after patch installation, overwriting existing one.

Hi Sneaksie,

I have the Kalypso version of Theatre of War with the Uber Patch. I got the "Please insert the original DVD with the game", but thankfully the .exe you posted up fixes the problem. The only difference is that I am on XP, not Vista.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day guys,

I might sound like a real idiot here but I just started playing tow a short time agao I live in canada and got the uber patch so what is the kalypso patch please ?? I just don't know what this is and if it is just for our european friends ,or can we use it ??

ps please don't hurt me lol

• 1 month later...

Hi,

is this new single player campaign in the Battlefront Uberpatch also included in the Kalypso Uberpatch?

From the Ueberpatch description on 1C publishers homepage it seems that the Kalypso uberpatch includes a different new single player mission but not a new campaign.

Best Regards