Adding Artillery support?

Sfox28

Just a bit of a question here...I'm in the Mission & Campaign Editor and for the life of me I cannot figure out a way to add Artillery or mortar support to a already designed mission? The tutorial is somewhat useless in this area. Can anyone help an old fart? LOL!

Go to supports in main tab of mission editor

Add required support for whatever army (mortar/arty/fighterplane/bomber) + call down num calls etc

Then add lines like these to the appropiate trigger in your mission:-

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">AviaSupportChangeState ( <ARMYNUM> , BATTLEPLANE , ENABLE )

AviaSupportChangeState ( <ARMYNUM> , BOMBER , ENABLE )

ArtSupportChangeState ( <ARMYNUM>, ENABLE )

MortarSupportChangeState ( <ARMYNUM> , ENABLE ) </pre>

Thanx, I'll see what I can do! LOL! A lot of typing and I must make sure I get it all right or I'm screwed. Kinda like thinking you've won a mission with what you have (in Lehr) and then all of a sudden 8 more enemy tanks appear out of nowhere! It happens all the time!

Just a note, I put in air and arty for AI in battle Gen mission and the AI used it without any Scripting from me at all. I recommend when making a mission to use the battle gen to select maps and positions and units plus air and arty then use the editor to arrange it to your liking and use triggers.

Originally posted by Jmayer:

Just a note, I put in air and arty for AI in battle Gen mission and the AI used it without any Scripting from me at all. I recommend when making a mission to use the battle gen to select maps and positions and units plus air and arty then use the editor to arrange it to your liking and use triggers.

This is something nice that i would like to see on CMSF as i say this game (TOW) is the only one in is class :eek:

[ February 20, 2008, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: redbear ]

I've used (put in) Artillery in a generated battle using the generator. It went in fine (easier than trying to add it to a already made battle...why can't it be that easy?) but It crash's quite a alot...and it goes out of the game to the desktop! UGH!

Hmmm, Sneaksie...not sure what you mean by "mission you've made"? It's just a mission with German and Russian Infantry and Armor. It was generated by the "Battle Generator" and I added some artillery support for both sides. Yes, I have the JSH mod installed. I like the JSH mod but if it's a problem shouldn't their be a way to fix that? What's really killing me is trying to work the "Mission & Campaign Editor"!

Everytime I try to adjust a already made mission I get quite a few problems. Cost override...worked that one out...too many units of something...can't work that one out and worst of all placement of units. I place the added unit were it should be or I just put the new unit in a group where I just deleted another to make room for it and the Unit ends up somewhere else on the map! And it's not in the checkered diploy zone. Where I could, of course, move it. It usually ends up right in the middle of the enemy diploy area.

Sfox28,

When you delete a unit from the game by way of the editor and then add a new unit it likes to put it anywhere but where you wanted it. I just double click on the name of the unit in the line up then the map goes to that unit. If you are zoomed out try zooming in and you will see it better. Then just click and drag it to your starting units position and release it. Be sure to add you men and see that they too are not in the wrong spot just do the same thing with double clicking on the name of the unit and looking on the map for it. If it isn't in the right spot then click and drag it to the correct position and your done.

Sfox28

Player army differs from other armies - units in it must have Placeholders (it's described in Mission Editor documentation). It doesn't matter where you put the unit of player army in singleplayer, it will spawn in the center of the map if it doesn't have free placeholder (not occupied by other units). Placeholders may be universal, or artillery only, or tanks only, etc.

Sneaksie, I put in an extra Tank in a scenario (Lehr-counter-attack)in the correct place and add another...which should also be in the correct place and change the cost override...but the dam thing stlll ends up outside of the deploy zone. If I put extra armor in the reserve section, with more cost, the armor I added will not transfer over to the 1st deploy group!

So, what your really saying is that there is something else I have to F_#$ with to get it to work? A placeholder? Where can you mess with them? I will look again at the documentation and see what I can come up with...but if you or anyone else has a quick remedy please let me know. Much of the ME documentation seems to be lacking when it comes to reasonable questions and solutions. It must have been messed up in Translation! LOL!

*** This applies to Deployment & Reserves groups in Army 1 only ***

select Army Composition -> Placeholders

Add a placeholder for each of the groups (units) in the groups or however many you want for the mission. NB Detachments & vechicles must be selected individually.

Also don't forget to edit the permissions filters to ensure you get the numbers you want.

• 3 years later...